Bbc - One Life - My Life On A Post It Note

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
jc141265 said:
Tender,

Bear with me...I was too exhausted the other day to spend the time to be tactful.

Hey! Since when did any of us here have either the time or inclination for niceties like that?:D

Moi? Tactful, yes, on a good day - 'big size nines' on others... and don't we all understand? (unless anyone needs my Lancashire translation for that one!!!????:D

Love, Karen, x

mitch.cavanagh@

Mar 8, 2006
liverpool
michelle

hi everyone,
mymum was diagnosed in march this year with early alzheimers.She is prescribed aricept,but to me seems to be worse. i have noticed that she often talks to herself and her hands are more shakey than normal.has anybody else noticed these traits in their loved ones.i am very concerned as i don;t know whats normal and whats not.

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
mitch.cavanagh@ said:
hi everyone,
mymum was diagnosed in march this year with early alzheimers.She is prescribed aricept,but to me seems to be worse. i have noticed that she often talks to herself and her hands are more shakey than normal.has anybody else noticed these traits in their loved ones.i am very concerned as i don;t know whats normal and whats not.

I am afraid that what you describe is pretty normal - if that's the word... My wife's hands frequently shake, she talks to herself - lots and there are a bundle more symptoms that come and go....

I think all that Aricept is intended to do is to slow down the inevitable advance of the sickness,, The rate of advance seems to vary enormously from patient to patient and the range of symptoms varies as well. Also there seem to be periods of certain symptoms being in controll then it will change to something else...

There are drugs around which 'enhance' the sufferers awareness but there are some issues with those of course - they make the sufferer even more aware that they are sick.... so...

I am certain others will give you more info

Michael

mitch.cavanagh@

Mar 8, 2006
liverpool
thank you

thank you for your reply.i am feeling very bewildered by mums sickness and am
often looking for answers and explanations to things.i can,t seem to come to terms with it and as there are no definate time scales about any of the stages often feel in limbo.:confused: :confused:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
mitch.cavanagh@

bewildered

Is a good word as that's how I feel ,

Answers and explanations to things
. don’t think you can really find any just that the brain is closing down

All your ever find on the internet is what happens to the brain of a person with dementia, our love one may have similar symptoms, but 2 people are never the same .so I find it all confusing .

My mum was diagnosed at a later stage, but when she took the medication exbixa it seem to turn the clock back in the stages that you read about .

How that medication work for my mum may not work the same for someone else ,as I had found out from reading TP & another AD site .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09