BBC Breakfast Television.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Today - tomorrow - Thursday

BBC Breakfast television is doing a feature on Dementia.

Lionel is being featured on Thursday.

If todays slot is anything to go by, it should be interesting viewing.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
You did a great job, Connie, and it was nice to see you with Lionel at the home.

Your message came across beautifully clearly.

Such a shame these pieces must be so short.

Well done.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Connie

I've just watched your piece -- and was in floods of tears!

As soon as you alked in and said 'Hello my darling', that did it! It was just you!:)

Well done! No one could have doubted how much you love Lionel, I'm sure it will have touched people's hearts.

Love and hugs,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Connie, I'm so sorry I missed this. I would have loved to have seen you both. (Dodgy tummy last night and slept in this morning.) I've tried to look on the BBC website but for some reason there is no 'play again' function for the Breakfast programme. DRAT :mad:

Love Deborah

margaret101

Jul 17, 2008
clacton on sea
bbc tv

Well done Connie I only wish I could put into words

the way you do without going into floods of tears

shame it way on so early

takr care Love Marg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Oh my gosh Connie! I was doing my daily search for dementia news stories for my dementia news web page that I do and imagine my surprise when I saw you and then Lionel on video!

Deborah you can see it again at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7787376.stm

And now I know why you are happy with Lionel's home, my goodness it is a palace compared to where Dad had to live, he is very lucky to have a home like that available to him and very lucky to have such a loving wife who understands him.

Well I have got to get back to posting dementia news sites...just wanted to let you know that I thought it was a great video news story.

Best wishes to you and Lionel as always,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Nat

I had recorded it but your link saved me trailing through it and as Dhiren is still asleep I have been able to watch it twice.

Connie it was beautiful.

Love xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I missed Wednesday's slot, and would have missed you and Lionel had I not recorded it.

I agree with all the above posts- beautiful piece, lovely room, but a bit short- would have liked to have seen more of you both.

Was in a bit of rush this morning (cleaner coming and have to tidy up before she arrives at 8 a.m. so she can clean :eek:) and was not quite as awake as I might have been, so will watch again tonight.

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Connie

I have just watched the video link twice.

It was lovely,you was so calm and in control but your love for Lionel was so evident.

Love Janet

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Dear Connie,
I managed to catch it this morning.

It was very moving and your caring spirit, so evident on this forum, shone through like a beacon.

It should have been much longer but was fantastic. Well done.

God Bless,
Elaine

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I'm unable to view it....:( My laptop doesn't seem to want to download the necessary...:eek:

But, Connie....well done for facing the cameras...

And the still photo I see is such a wonderful picture of you and Lionel....

Love gigi xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Connie

Thank you to whoever posted the link. It was really wonderful to see you both together and to see Lionel responding to you in such a harmonic way. He appeared so finely tuned to you Connie and it was a priviledge to witness. Thank you.

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear friends, thank you so much for your kind words.

I had emailed all Lionel's old school friends about the video clip. One friend, who has not been able to visit Lionel in the home as he lives in Yorkshire, was so pleased as he has not seen Lionel for three years now.

Their words really touched me:
and were moved by the sight of Lionel and also by the obvious care you have devoted to him. Lionel has been Nick's friend for more than 50 years and we are glad that in his hour of need he is fortunate enough to have met you whilst he still had all his faculties.

Hopefully we will be asked again at some stage to help raise awareness. That is all we can do now.