Battle Over

Monkton

Sep 2, 2017
Just a brief note for those who remember Clunchman. My dear, sweet wife passed into the presence of the Lord Monday afternoon. For her pain, confusion and fear are over. For me, I feel my life has been torn apart. Married 47yr, seldom not together, this has devastated me. Tears have never come easy to me, but now I can't stop them. Thank you all for past support.. Dave.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please accept my condolences . I do remember Clunchman .

Talking Point will still be here for you if you feel it will help.

Monkton

Sep 2, 2017
Thank you all and just to mention, on this occasion I am received a great deal of support and help from the family.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
I do remember Clunchman. Sorry to hear of your loss Dave, but thankful to know that family are being supportive at this sad time.

May you take comfort in knowing that your dear wife is in a better place - free from pain and suffering.

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
So sorry for you loss. Remember those we love never go far away from us.
She is now at peace keep strong I'm sure that is what she would want you to do.

Monkton

Sep 2, 2017
Thank you all.
I know this should have been expected, but my poor Chrissie had done so well of late. I am not given to crying, yet tears keep coming for no obvious reason other than I miss her so very much. She was my life. All I did and wanted to do was for her. I love her dearly yet feel I have failed. I could not keep her alive, yet I can see nothing else I could do. That does not help. Nothing else in life matters to me, but I will just have to try and go on, moment by moment, I can't manage day by day. Family are now with her to view and watch the coffin sealed. I may have been an undertaker, but for my lovely Chrissie I could not do that. She is no longer there, she is at peace, I believe with the Lord. No more to suffer each day and have confusion and fear. But as well as failure to her as a carer, I am selfish and want her here so very much.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
. I love her dearly yet feel I have failed. I could not keep her alive, yet I can see nothing else I could do.
How could you have kept her alive?
You did more.
You made her feel loved in a deep and unconditioned way. You gave her the gift of your love as well as , I am sure, she gave you her love till her last breath, because such a rare and precious feeling overcomes illness and death.