Battle is over - now at peace

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
My Aunt took a sudden turn for the worse last night and finally slipped away at 2.15am this morning, Christmas Eve.

Thankfully my husband and I managed to sit with her for those last hours and at the end it could not have been more peaceful. We are still trying to take it in as although we knew there were risks with the repair of her broken hip she has always been physically pretty strong and active. My big fear was that loss of mobility would have been a vicious blow on top of the dreadful frustrations she has already endured.

We don't know whether the deterioration was due to a clot from the op or an infection or that she just decided to close down, I suspect the latter. So here we are having lost 2 Aunts within a few weeks - London Aunts ashes are due to be interred today. All overlapping with the 4th anniversary of losing Dad, the 4th anniversay of losing Mum in law in a weeks time, and also the anniversary of my Uncles passing around the same time.

Forgive me but "I HATE CHRISTMAS!" - There you go, hopefully my last rant for a long time.

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Dear Kriss

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your aunt.

My thoughts are with you and your husband at this time.

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
dear kriss

my sympathies on the loss of your aunt. not at all surprised you hate xmas with all those anniversaries at this time of the year.

go easy on yourself.

hugs
Áine

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Kriss
i am so very sorry to hear your news....and having my mum in a similar situation.....very shocked.

My love to you and your husband and I really wish you strength to get through Christmas

Love Wendy xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Kriss, I`m so sorry to hear of the death of your Aunt, especially on Christmas Eve, which somehow makes it more piognant. I`m glad, for you, that you and your husband were there for her final hours. So many people die once their family members have gone home, and give them so much cause for regret.
If Christmas were in the summer months, maybe we wouldn`t have so many deaths and so many painful anniversaries.
I hope you have the strength to cope. Your Aunt is at peace now, her pain is over.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
sorry to hear about your untie passing , same with me also close relation dieing every 4 years since my father died, strange it always around Christmas for me also , got me thinking where they an ending there always a new beginning may, just can't see it like the wind . peace be with you all year around xx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Kriss

So sorry to hear of your loss...........its bad enough at any time of the year but at this time it hurts that bit more.

I hope you keep in touch with tp, as many of us have, even though our personal battle is over.........i'm sure many will benifit from your experience.

Love Alex x

Momx4

Oct 19, 2006
Hi Kriss

I'm sorry to hear your news and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I am grateful that the holiday break has given us some space to think things through before we jump on the merry-go-round tomorrow to make formal arrangements. It has meant we could sit quietly and phone relatives and friends while trying to come to terms with the suddeness of it all.

Love to you all - I am not planning to leave TP and hope that maybe now I will find it a biy easier to get back to posting something useful.

Kriss
x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Kriss
I'm glad you're going to continue posting.
i wish you all the best for tomorrow
Love Wendy xx

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
just wanted to send my condolences on your aunts passing,
take care

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
It seems the "merry go round" isn't spinning very smoothly yet. We were all geared up on Wednesday only to be told the certificate wouldnt be ready to collect from the hospital till late Weds or early Thurs, a couple of hours later and we had a call to say they needed a post mortem to establish cause of death. However that has now been completed and the main cause noted as a clot but as this is related to the injury and op there has to be an inquest. Thankfully this will not delay the funeral but I am relieved tha we opted for a later slot (week tomorrow) rather than trying for a date this coming week. Still havent made contact with the vicar though - it seems that his office only operates "office" hours! So here we are still fumbling along...

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thinking of you and your family, and wishing you peace and a New Year that brings you comfort and support whenever you need it.