Barely 24 hours into this crisis and at my wits end already

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
It sounds like you've got every thing set up @CardiffGirlInEssex . Hope your mum copes OK. How is your dad doing?
He is ok in himself, off the antibiotics now. I was allowed to see him for an
hour yesterday, I took his iPad in so he has some contact with the outside world now. He is still not mobile though when I spoke to the nurse today she said he was more co operative yesterday evening and they managed to get him into a chair to have his tea. Hopefully he will be transferred to a different hospital this week for intensive physio and rehab, but no bed is available as yet. More fingers crossed! I think he will be there for a couple of weeks at least so it’s the M4 shuffle for me.

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
Well, so far so good, it’s seems as far as Mum is concerned. A family member and her cleaning lady have seen her today, separately, and both have reported that mum is well, appears to be coping with being on her own at teatime and overnight. Food is disappearing at an appropriate rate and isn’t in the bin, she was up, washed and dressed, had her hearing aid in and was very chatty. All about the distant past, of course but still, it’s good. She knows I am coming back on Sunday as she still has my note by her side in the bedroom. No change with Dad, still waiting to move ward/hospital, but they both appear to be safe for now. Phew!

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
A brief update. I’m doing the M4 trip about once every 10 days at the moment. Mum continues to cope surprisingly well, but she is becoming more lonely and I think a bit more anxious about being home alone. No sign of any inclination to wander so far, so that’s something. Another family member (dad’s cousin, a fit 74 year old) is helping out between my visits. Dad is beginning to make progress and plans are starting to be made for him to go home, hopefully before the end of October.