Barclays

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
Has anyone got the email address of Barclays Legal Notices Team ? I have the phone number,but after several phone calls,being on hold for over 1hr at a time,getting to speak to nobody,I've given up with trying to contact them by phone, thanks :(

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
Thanks 2jays, didnt actually help,but thank you. Contacted customer services which gave me a direct number, but when you get through,same music playing and same message, but still cant get to speak to anyone.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi macatac :)

If it's any comfort, I've had just this problem repeatedly, with the same people. Are you sure that their office is open on a Saturday? Just a thought.....

Maddening, isn't it? When I finally got through ( a year ago now) I just burst into tears, I was so frustrated and angry......and then I felt sorry for the hapless operator who had to deal with me! :rolleyes:

Good luck :)

Lindy xx

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
Hi lindy, yes,they were open until 2pm. In the end I went to the branch in Llandudno, saw someone on the counter. They went into my mums account, said a note had been put on there,on feb 4th,which stated page 3 of the LPA was missing. They photocopied every page on jan 10th. Suppose ive a few more weeks now to wait in the hope of getting it sorted. Left them with no doubts about what I think of it all.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I can hardly bear to think about it! Amongst other things, they lost my application for online banking, so I had to pay for things out of my own pocket....when the amount owed to me got up to four figures, they suggested I reimburse myself by cheque.....which then bounced as they had lost my signature somewhere in the system. When I phoned about this, they actually suggested that I wrote several smaller cheques, "as these are hardly ever checked" :eek: Unbelievable!

Anyway, to be fair it is now all sorted out and they have been fine. It was just the first couple of months that had me tearing my hair out!!

Lindy xx

snowygirl

Jan 9, 2014
I couldn't get through to the same place for this particular bank for a POA problem. I ended up doing a complaint on their email complaints page...this generated another line of enquiry which was dealt with fairly swiftly and I even got £150 compensation for the worry!!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I couldn't get through to the same place for this particular bank for a POA problem. I ended up doing a complaint on their email complaints page...this generated another line of enquiry which was dealt with fairly swiftly and I even got £150 compensation for the worry!!

Well done, snowygirl :) I'm afraid I was past the point of even complaining at that stage....bit pathetic, but there it is! :eek: Glad it's all sorted now :)

Macatac, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I hope! :D xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Lindy - I'm surprised they bounced the cheques. Another bank for which I had a 3rd party mandate for my mother happily paid out cheques of over £2000 which I had signed with my own name yet balked when I attempted to change a standing order - I was told they had "lost" the signature card and when I said: well you paid these cheques, was told that they "don't check the signature on those". Makes the mind boggle.