Bank Statements

sonia owen

Hi All,

Our local council have asked to see some of mum's bank statements, from 2011 and 2012, we have been able to find some, but a few are missing. This is to do with her housing benefit for this up and coming year. They came last in 2010 to do a review. Never been since, but decided to come last week to send a visiting officer. I gave her as many bank statements but stated that I did not have them all. She said that's fine she copied what she want to see her capital.
Another letter came this week asking for more, I have done another search of mum's and found a few more, but as I have mentioned some are still missing.
Any help would be most helpful as its worrying mum who is 85 suffering with vascular dementia and can suffer terrible depression.
Can you go into the bank and get old bank statements going that far back with out any problems
Thanks
Love Sonia xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Can you go into the bank and get old bank statements going that far back with out any problems
Yes, you should be able to.
Banks and Building Societies should keep records for at least 6 years I believe.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Can you go into the bank and get old bank statements going that far back with out any problems"

Yes, but it will take time and there is likely to be a charge.
If registered for online banking it can usually be done online with just a few clicks.
It could well be quicker to register for online than wait for the system to produce the statements via the post.

Unless you have POA the bank may request your mother to attend, they will at the least require her signature.

sonia owen

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Just been into mum's bank and they were able to give me copies of the missing statements. It would seem they can give you 6 years any later then I think it would take awhile to get them and there would be a charge. Did not have to pay anything.
Sonia xxx