Bad Weekend

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
My sister who has Vas Dementia had a pneumonia jab on Friday and it affected her quite badly. By Friday night she had fell off chair then fell trying to get her in bed. Arm was all red and burning, sat morming took ages to get upstairs falling on the way, then about one hour to eat piece of toast and tea, Arm wouldnt move. also fell off dining chair. She slept all day between food but today has been getting better so must be the injection. Sorry to say in some ways it was a peaceful Saturday as we did not have the constant questioning although feel bad saying that.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
So sorry your sister has not been well, but don't feel bad for enjoying Peace and quiet. You need some space in your own head; OK, unfortunate your sister had to be unwell - but shows 'every cloud has a silver lining.' So stop feeling bad, as it will just clutter up the little bit of space that you managed to make on Saturday.
Take care.
Amy

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Thanks for all you replies, things are now much better and in fact today win has gone to her 2nd respite week. She went off very well. I did not tell her until just before we went and told her she was going to be medically checked as she was poorly over the weekwend. she said she did not recognise the place but when we got in she settled very well much better than last time so I am not feeling bad about her going. Going to have a nice week at home and go away for weekend. love to you all
pam