Bad week

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
HI not had a good week started 2 weeks ago was getting flutters in my chest lasted for 10 days till had to go to A/E dept on sunday ! seem im suffering from very bad stress was havind anxity attacks dr put me on beetablockers for my heart and anti depression tablets!! today i picked mams arrangement for mothers day felt so angry with others who were getting flowers for there mums wanted to sream and shout at them its not fair!!!! mam died at christmas so my 1st with out i know im not the only one as theres lots of us in the same boat. sorry moan over ps Hubby asked me to get him acard for his mum as hes working as well.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I 'm sorry Poppy. Mother's Day is very hard for many and there's little anyone can say to make it better.

Light a candle for your mum on Sunday.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Poppy
So sorry to hear of your sadness. The first Mother's Day after losing your Mum is very difficult. I hope you can look back on some happier ones shared and remember your Mum with love and warmth. She lives on in your heart xxxx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dearest Poppy,

This is your first without, and I fear terribly that this is my last. So much pressure is put onto one day, when really, it's hurts every day.

My heart goes out to you, and every son and daughter who is facing this "celebration" without their mum. I am too, albeit, she's still here. So I will try to celebrate her. Celebrate her life, and her achievements and all that made her a mum worth loving.

It won't be a happy Mothers' Day, but I don't want it to be sad. Nothing about my mum should be sad on her day, so I will bite the inside of my lip til it hurts, and dig my nails into my palms til they're numb, just so I can remember mum on her day, as it should be.

I'm sending so much strength to you, my sweet, to get you through the build up and through the day. I hope it's not as bad as it may seem now.

Please take it easy.

Lots of love,

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I shall light and release a chinese sky lantern for my Mum on Sunday night..

I hope you can ease your stress levels soon.

Hinny

Nov 4, 2010
Germany
And I will buy Mam flowers tomorrow as I have done for so many years. It is so very difficult and painful. I ask myself if it will get any easier. If I could just have her back for one more day,and then another one,and then once again...my little Mam.xxx

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Poppy, So sorry to hear you've had such a bad week. I can feel for you - have had palpitations for a few years and all seems to be down to stress. When the situation with Mum got worse the dr doubled the beta blockers (only wanted that short term). was just about to try and come back down to normal dose after she'd gone into a home, sadly 2 weeks in she died and have struggled since. Heart feels as tho its doing somersaults. This week tho am trying to use herbal kalms as well tho and cutting down on beta blockers. Not brilliant but coping just.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, I walked into a card shop today to buy a birthday card and walked straight out.It was all too much
Take care Katherine xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC