Bad visit

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Went to the hospital tonight to see how mum was getting on and if her new tablets were kicking in (anisulpride) and she was in a right mood and wasnt my friend. She was adament she was coming home with me tonight and was going to sue the hospital, sue the nurses and sue me for putting her in there. I was evil, wish she never had me, and wait til her brothers hear what I have done.

She went on for about half an hour, visiting is usually an hour but I had to come away as I wasnt achieving anything and they had to shut the ward doors as she was adamant she was going to walk home (15 miles).

Just ranting.

She has been fine and lovely (my normal mam) for about 3 days. Honestly she is like a Jekyl and Hyde, anyone else relate?

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Jekyl & Hyde seems to be a common description of alz/dem patients.
Hope tomorrow's visit is better.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
When my mother was in hospital at 91 with a broken hip (she recovered very well and quickly) she kept telling the nurses that she was going to tell her father of them and he'd have them all put in prison. (!)

At one point one of the nurses replied, 'Well, I'VE spoken to your father, and HE says you've got to eat your lunch.' :D

I have to say they were very good with her - it wasn't always quite the same at A and E, alas.

Last edited:

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Mum sometimes says wait until I tell my father he will have your guts for garters then the next minute I wish my mother and father were alive they would knock your block off!