Bad Dreams....

Charlie

Apr 1, 2003
My father has Alzheimers's and has been taking Aricept for just over a year.

He has recently started experiencing very vivid dreams on a regular basis which give him and my mother a lot of stressfull sleep. He wakes up, remembers the dreams in detail but as they are so disturbing finds it hard to get back to sleep. Mainly events from the distant past that go wrong.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced BAD dreams as part of the onset of Alzheimer's and if you have found any way of preventing/relieving these.

My father does not eat close to bedtime or take any alcohol during the day and until recently has never had problems with dreams/nightmares......

Many thanks in advance
Charlie

HomeAlone

Jun 30, 2010
My father has Alzheimers's and has been taking Aricept for just over a year.

He has recently started experiencing very vivid dreams on a regular basis which give him and my mother a lot of stressfull sleep. He wakes up, remembers the dreams in detail but as they are so disturbing finds it hard to get back to sleep. Mainly events from the distant past that go wrong.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced BAD dreams as part of the onset of Alzheimer's and if you have found any way of preventing/relieving these.

My father does not eat close to bedtime or take any alcohol during the day and until recently has never had problems with dreams/nightmares......

Many thanks in advance
Charlie

mum suffered nightmares, when she started on aricept, i found giving her aricept in the morning to be the answer in her case, it worked for her , anyway

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI i tride arocept about 2years ago. bad dreams and developt a temper. Witch i never had before. the only way i found was to stop taking the drug.rember they only help you not quar you as you now ther is no quar. I hope this helps. Love Miss Cool.