1. elizabeth hc

elizabeth hc Registered User

Oct 31, 2012
    I can cope with most things with this disease apart from my O.H being so nasty. I know I should ignore it but find it so hard when I am told to get lost and stop interfering. He can,t wash or dress himself but I left him to it with interesting results! It has got to the point I don,t even like him and it makes me so sad that we could have been having a nice time. Every option is closed as I can,t leave him to manage on his own. I look longingly at the empty flat down the road I think how peaseful life would be if I could move out.Sorryto sound so pathetic but I am just fed up with the whole thing and we have a way to go yet.

2. jojop

jojop Registered User

Nov 9, 2013
    SE London
    Morning Elizabeth, sorry to hear you having a bad time of it at the moment. You definitely don't sound pathetic this illness and all it brings is tough. I have been caring for mum for 3 years now and still find it hurtful when told how useless, rubbish and no good I am. I walk away into another room for a few minutes and hope it will pass. And yes there are days when I too do not like her and want to leave but she's my mum and I love her. It's the illness that does this it's not really her.

Jo, x

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Many of us have been in similar positions.

My husband always seemed to be fighting to keep his independence in the early/middle stages and thought , by trying to help him, I was trying to control his life.

Looking back, I suppose it was understandable because he didn`t see himself as ill as he was .

4. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    My mum gets nasty and tells me that I think I am in charge, I try to take no notice but it has definitely affected our relationship.