Bad day

h_eclair

Feb 25, 2005
Im sure I am just having a bad day extremely tired and emotional, wondering if I can do this, and not wanting to admit defeat. Mum has had her diagnosis for 6 years and is late stage now. She was admitted into care last year but became so upset I moved her to live with me and my children. My mum goes to day care twice a week and I do have a respite week coming up. She night wakes and has become increasingly more incontinent and I do absolutaly everything for her so am exhausted, this is so tough to deal with. I recently lost my dad to cancer which was a huge shock and very quick and young too. Im sure I'll feel better tommorrow. I just miss the pair of them soooo much.:(

Last edited:

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
h eclair, hello
So sorry to read your thread and hear of you have lost your dad, please accept my condolences. Your loving care and support for your mum must leave you so lonely, my heart goes out to you and your family.
Best wishes, Jo

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Hi Eclair,sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it.
Have you and mum had a recent assessment done?It sounds you both need a bit more looking after.
Hope you feel brighter soon,kind regards,Angela.

h_eclair

Feb 25, 2005
Thankyou

Thanks for the kind words...like I have read so may times before take each day. Yesterday I could do no right! But then we probably all have experienced that! Today has been beautiful...had a lovely day with mum really all just got on top of me. My lovely husband let me get an early night and he popped mum to bed and following a great night sleep all is rosey again...I guess everyone at times doubts themselves and the tiredness gets to us...thanks again x