Back again.

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
I seem to have long periods away from Talking Point usually because I have been busy getting on with life but then I have difficulty finding my way back. However here I am. Had a great Christmas with family marred by my first experience of what a severe urinary infection does to dementia patients - I was completely out of it. For the first time ever I rang the dementia CPN who came out to me was wonderful Checked for physical things first, diagnosed the infection and got me onto antbiotics as fast as possible. She also wondered if my cataracts might be the cause of my visual hallucinations getting worse and suggested I have them dealt with sooner rather than later. Does anyone else have experience of this?
Also struggling a bit because Paul now has a non malignant brain tumour and had had a recent heart attack so the things he used to do for me, doctors appts and medications often get missed and as I became more involved in his care, I find myself getting very anxious. But all things considered wed are coping well. Hope you are all well and a happy new year.
Shelagh

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thank you for the comments (Shelagh) but please dont think me rude but did you mean to post it on my thread or did you mean it to be a NEW Thread of your own;) no matter what its still nice to hear from you ;);)

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
OOps

Sorry Barry I made a mistake and posted on your thread when it was supposed to be a new thread. Izzy is coirrecting it today. Glad you are having a better day.