Baby Therapy

Manu

Jun 2, 2011
Lancashire
My 87 year old mother keeps talking about a baby, I have heard of baby therapy what does this entail? This is new to me

any advice please

Thanks
Mike :confused:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I don't know about baby therapy.
Many of us on here have found doll therapy very good, maybe this is what they mean? but are putting it in a term they feel will be more acceptable.
I didn't use dolls for my mum instead I bought mum soft teddies, she adored them, seemed to think they were her real baby.
She cuddled, played and whispered to it . When mum could no longer do these things, we ensured it was snuggled into her neck.
It brought mum great comfort.

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
At dads day group they have the whole baby thing going on in one corner. Several dolls, plenty of clothes, blankets, a pram, a baby bath. Some of the folk love the baby corner.

My dad he's a teddy man. It took a while to find the right bear for him though. I kept buying new ones but he never bothered with them. Then My daughter gave him her treasured Liz Bear (its one of the breast cancer pink ribbon bears) the first time he went in hospital and he's kept it ever since. He cuddles the life out of it and I have to sneak it in the wash, tumble dry it and get it back asap.