awareness

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
Despite her severe problems I think my mum still has much awareness - is this ever likely to go completely or could she remain like this to the end?
Her moods swing from one extreme to the other, but of late she has become very tearful and has been sobbing. She is currently awaiting a place in another unit and tells me, quite coherently, that nobody wants her. It's like a knife to my heart hearing this. Then she asks to come home and all the rest of it. I know this can be a feature (wanting to go home), yet I feel she actually knows what she is saying, and knows exactly how to hurt me. All I know is that it is very hard to deal with.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Despite her severe problems I think my mum still has much awareness - is this ever likely to go completely or could she remain like this to the end?
Her moods swing from one extreme to the other, but of late she has become very tearful and has been sobbing. She is currently awaiting a place in another unit and tells me, quite coherently, that nobody wants her. It's like a knife to my heart hearing this. Then she asks to come home and all the rest of it. I know this can be a feature (wanting to go home), yet I feel she actually knows what she is saying, and knows exactly how to hurt me. All I know is that it is very hard to deal with.

Hello Lulu, my husband is also very aware of his illness and his limitations . It can lead to frustration and what I call grumpiness . It must be so frightening for them when they have a bad day and nothing seems to work . Plz don't take it personal with your mum as it's probably just the fear and illness talking . I tend to give my husband reassurance and leave him with a cup of t for a bit . Thinking of you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Vesnina2

Oct 8, 2014
All the stories seem to be different...
But it seems that our lives are much more than we show - being ill or not.

I am feeling low today, and just a moment of understanding of my friend helped me enormously.

Maybe - maybe, I would say - just an explanation,
a moment of being close together - be it hug or keeping hand over hand...
could help a person who is staying alone in a strange environment
to accept it with ease...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet