Awakening from Alzheimer's - regain your brain

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Georgina63, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Georgina63

Georgina63 Registered User

Aug 11, 2014
    Has anyone come across this video series? If you have read Dr Dale Bredesen's 'The End of Alzheimer's', it may be of interest. I am watching the first in the series at the moment.
    https://www.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/
    Georgina

2. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    There's at least one lengthy thread on this somewhere. On Dr. Bredesen, I mean. If you use the search facility at the top, it should be able to pull it, so you can see the discussion.

3. Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
    Thanks @LadyA, I remember a discussion a while back with a few of us who read his book. I found this first episode (of 12) very interesting, he is just one of the Dr.s contributing, it would be great to hear what others think if they are able to watch it.

4. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    I refuse to put in my email address in order to be able to view it.

5. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    I hadn't even checked the link - but I'm like you, @canary . anything that asks for my email address or access to my location gets short shrift!

6. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    It's been around a while and if there was anything to it the world would have beaten a path to his door and he'd rightly be proclaimed a genius and given a Noble prize...but that hasn't happened.
    One might wonder why.
    K

7. Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014

8. Essie

Essie Registered User

Feb 11, 2015
    Not necessarily.... the doctors that contended that most stomach ulcers and gastritis were caused by bacterial infection (H.Pylori) and not by stress or spicy food, (as had been assumed before) were not believed for a number years as it was widely held that nothing could live in the acid environment of the stomach, finally the 'establishment' realised they were right.....

9. Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
    Today's interview is all about the importance of sleep :)

10. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    I don't agree with unnecessary email harvesting never mind the possibility of incurring spam.
    You can however:
    This address only lasts for 10 minutes although you can extend by 10 minute intervals if needs be.
    I did not do that but used another method to see what would happen, it looks as if they may send a daily link, hopefully https://10minutemail.net will get you the first link.
    If you like it and want more just create a throw away gmail address to prevent infection of any of your normal addresses.

11. kindred

kindred Registered User

Apr 8, 2018
    I haven't seen this, but do you guys remember the film (based on fact) Awakenings with Robert de Niro and Robin Williams. This was an event something like this.
    Big question is has anyone survived Alzheimers?
    warmest, very interesting business, Kindred.

12. Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
    Hi @kindred
    There are examples given (in Dr Breseden’s book and in interviews) of where symptoms have been improved and reversed. It’s hard not to be sceptical but equally I like to think I’m keeping an open mind, particularly if there is real hope of treatment or preventative measures which will benefit people in the future. Gx

13. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Haven’t read anything about it, but are people absolutely sure the diagnosis was dementia? There are several conditions that mimic it, or cause similar symptoms.
    Wouldn’t be the first case of misdiagnosis.

14. Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
    It does talk in detail about the diagnoses so I don’t think there’s a question about that and it does also point out as you say that there can be other causes/conditions.

15. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    The thing I always ask myself is - is better sleep, good nutrition etc really going to create new brain cells to replace the ones that have died and are continuing to die? Does the atrophy shown on scans improve?

16. Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014