Awake

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I also find listening to the rain relaxing. I have a cd called "thunderstorms" and I do find that very therapeutic. It's the whole "I'm snuggled under the covers and don't have to be out it it" thing I think.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I also find listening to the rain relaxing. I have a cd called "thunderstorms" and I do find that very therapeutic. It's the whole "I'm snuggled under the covers and don't have to be out it it" thing I think.

Ahh bless you are awake too and you are right mind ought to tell this to my cats who want to go out in this and keep on meowing and pestering me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Ahh bless you are awake too and you are right mind ought to tell this to my cats who want to go out in this and keep on meowing and pestering me ;)

Those naughty cats waking you up again. I can't blame it on others I am keeping myself awake. I am not bothered as I have good thoughts of a lovely day ahead. Maeve and Tom will be here at noon for a few hours. They will give Maureen such pleasure. So I'm off now to get a hot drink and hopefully get a few more hours shut eye. Sweet dreams my feathered friend. Does the flock need a leader to help us find direction? No I thing we are Wild Geese all taking turns in front so that none of us gets too worn out on this journey. Will send music on this theme later.

G L

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Those naughty cats waking you up again. I can't blame it on others I am keeping myself awake. I am not bothered as I have good thoughts of a lovely day ahead. Maeve and Tom will be here at noon for a few hours. They will give Maureen such pleasure. So I'm off now to get a hot drink and hopefully get a few more hours shut eye. Sweet dreams my feathered friend. Does the flock need a leader to help us find direction? No I thing we are Wild Geese all taking turns in front so that none of us gets too worn out on this journey. Will send music on this theme later.

G L

Looking forward to the music now go and get some shut eye and have a lovely Valentine's Day with Maureen and your friends

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Haven't been on my thread here for a while but been awake since 230 am and just can't go back to sleep. Think this lack of sleep is becoming the norm for me but it makes me feel so so tired all the time . Looking at myself in the mirror is a no no as the bags under my eyes keep on getting larger and deeper! How do other ppl cope with this ?

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Haven't been on my thread here for a while but been awake since 230 am and just can't go back to sleep. Think this lack of sleep is becoming the norm for me but it makes me feel so so tired all the time . Looking at myself in the mirror is a no no as the bags under my eyes keep on getting larger and deeper! How do other ppl cope with this ?

By hoping you are awake and we can have an exchange.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Oh GL why are you awake my friend? Are you ok?

Maureen decided last night that we didn't need a quilt on the bed as it is too heavy. I went along with things but woke around 2 rather cold. So I retired to the back room but then she was wandering so I went back in the marital bed but couldn't sleep.

The advice on my S L A L CD is to get up if you have been awake for half an hour. Trouble is I am supposed to do something boring. But I got fed up with that and put Ali on the Tablet so listening to his concert at the Albert Hall. I Got You Babe just coming up with Kim Wylde.

I am ok thanks seeing Paul my Counsellor today at 10 and that will help. Then Angie from Carers Support at 11.30. So will be well supported by lunch time. Just one or two things on my mind and I don't really want to move from the coast.

How are you and John?

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Maureen decided last night that we didn't need a quilt on the bed as it is too heavy. I went along with things but woke around 2 rather cold. So I retired to the back room but then she was wandering so I went back in the marital bed but couldn't sleep.

The advice on my S L A L CD is to get up if you have been awake for half an hour. Trouble is I am supposed to do something boring. But I got fed up with that and put Ali on the Tablet so listening to his concert at the Albert Hall. I Got You Babe just coming up with Kim Wylde.

I am ok thanks seeing Paul my Counsellor today at 10 and that will help. Then Angie from Carers Support at 11.30. So will be well supported by lunch time. Just one or two things on my mind and I don't really want to move from the coast.

How are you and John?

I think you are very much like me! We put a brave face on, even humour and always happy to support but deep down inside we worry, face difficult decisions and so want to do right by our loved ones! Moving is a huge step and I am sure you will consider all the pros and cons but if you are happy where you life , then don't move! I think I said before that we moved and it took a while for me to settle in the marsh and into a smaller bungalow! The surroundings here are beautiful only 5 min away from beach, nature reserve round the corner and nothing but fields around us . Love the scenery but it's quite far from the nearest village or shops and one relies on the car

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
What I am trying to say is, you are a deep person, a thinker and a doer and with dementia there is no doing or predicting or planning and I for one find this the hardest !!! One can only adapt and react and that drives me crazy at times!!!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
What I am trying to say is, you are a deep person, a thinker and a doer and with dementia there is no doing or predicting or planning and I for one find this the hardest !!! One can only adapt and react and that drives me crazy at times!!!

I think your last sentence sums it all up. Wouldn't it just be nice, even for one day, to plan something that you would like to do and then be able to do it. It is difficult to accept that those days are gone.

Our problem here is no immediate family so we would have to rely on the services that we can call in as things progress. It will be interesting to see how things go when we explore moving.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I think your last sentence sums it all up. Wouldn't it just be nice, even for one day, to plan something that you would like to do and then be able to do it. It is difficult to accept that those days are gone.

Our problem here is no immediate family so we would have to rely on the services that we can call in as things progress. It will be interesting to see how things go when we explore moving.

I do understand GL . Most of my family are in Germany and I miss them , my mum, brothers, aunts and so on! Even though I lived here now for 25 years it would be nice to go for a cuppa with my brothers, be there on birthday parties and just have that family support and net ! I do hope your councillor will be able to talk things through with you . How are things with daughters and step children? Have you made some progress?

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I do understand GL . Most of my family are in Germany and I miss them , my mum, brothers, aunts and so on! Even though I lived here now for 25 years it would be nice to go for a cuppa with my brothers, be there on birthday parties and just have that family support and net ! I do hope your councillor will be able to talk things through with you . How are things with daughters and step children? Have you made some progress?

Just been on a dozing break will P M on that front..

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh help!!! Husband woke me earlier, in such a rage because he was muddled, and it was all my fault because I don't make things clear. Now he's asleep, snoring loudly, and I'm going mad with tiredness. Can't move across to the spare room because he gets so indignant that I've abandoned him.

I'll open the window a crack and maybe hear the church clock. ........I did, and now I can hear an owl hooting...very soothing.... That owl has a lot to say...

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Oh help!!! Husband woke me earlier, in such a rage because he was muddled, and it was all my fault because I don't make things clear. Now he's asleep, snoring loudly, and I'm going mad with tiredness. Can't move across to the spare room because he gets so indignant that I've abandoned him.

I'll open the window a crack and maybe hear the church clock. ........I did, and now I can hear an owl hooting...very soothing.... That owl has a lot to say...

It's hard taking the blame all the time when our OH's are muddled. There are only so many ways you can explain the same thing over and over again. Maureen can never grasp how the central heating system is controlled: so she is often cold or even too hot. Generally, it's my fault because 'I am trying to save money' - not true but sometimes it's easier to accept the blame rather than scream. Got her own back the other day, when I went to visit my mum, controlling thermostat set at 36 degrees many of the radiators turned off.

Hope the owl has finishes his or her conversation soon and sleep has returned. The blackbird will be on the go soon here but I have beaten him to it this morning - lazy (lucky) thing!:D:D:D

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning, no owls but fox Cubs calling :) not that soothing though :) wish I knew you were awake too ! Hope by now you are all back asleep xxxx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Groggily awake ..and husband wants to know why I'm tired. I said didn't sleep well last night, but he, apparently, slept peacefully all night. :confused: Who was snoring then?

Fox Cubs already? That explains the bits of rubbish in our garden that I thought had been thrown over the wall, but I know foxes carry their trophies about and leave them when the novelty wears off, especially the cubs.

Explanations just don't work any more for us. grey Lad, incomprehension rules, but the determination that it's all someone else's fault is unchallengeable.

Tuesday we were unavoidably let down by the 'new friend' who takes my husband out for a few hours. With day centre out of the question I hope the next time out isn't another disappointment.

It's spring, lambs frolic in the fields, and I hope everyone has a GOOD day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR