Awake

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello chick we had a good nights sleep didn't wake until 6am, makes us all feel better, yesterday we went to lunch at our friends house, the only ones where we still get invites, such dear friends unfortunstly most have disappeared, hope your day is good ♡♡♡

Hello youuuu , only just saw your post sorry. Glad you also had a good sleep it's like being re born ! Some friend do fall away and it's really sad isent it! But lovely you had an invite for lunch. We stayed indoors yesterday and today, catching up with a few chores . Want to decorate bedroom and living room before summer hoping your day is good love Heike xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Good morning all G L up early again. Busy trying to make plans to visit my mum in Coventry on Saturday. Hoping to get confirmation of family support soon so I can tie up care arrangements with Social Worker later.

Mum is 94 in a month so want to plan a birthday visit in four weeks or so. Unfortunately, mum has dementia and will say she hasn't seen me for ages ten minutes after my visit. However, I know we will have a lovely time together in the short time I am with her. If she is steady on her feet we might even give another one of our dancing shows to the other ladies in her Care Home.:D:D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Aw that's lovely GL. My mum had vascular dementia and lived with us. She was 93 when she died. I recently found a tiny video clip of her dancing with my brother in her house the New Year before she died. Very special. I'm sure your time with your mum will be too.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I'll Be Down Soon Welsh Cougar

Morning all better sleep for both of us: always a help. Sorting out arrangements for tomorrow's trip to Coventry to see mum. Think I will drive down after all then I can take her out for a 'spin' as she love to escape from her Care Home. If she is in good form we may put on a bit of entertainment for the other ladies. Have to watch that Welsh Girl (Mrs A) she pinched my bum on one of my visit. Nice to know that even though am nearly partly 70 I can still get a click (as izzy would say). The Welsh Girl - a real Cougar at 100!:D:D:D

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Morning all better sleep for both of us: always a help. Sorting out arrangements for tomorrow's trip to Coventry to see mum. Think I will drive down after all then I can take her out for a 'spin' as she love to escape from her Care Home. If she is in good form we may put on a bit of entertainment for the other ladies. Have to watch that Welsh Girl (Mrs A) she pinched my bum on one of my visit. Nice to know that even though am nearly partly 70 I can still get a click (as izzy would say). The Welsh Girl - a real Cougar at 100!:D:D:D

Not able to travel to see mum after all. Social Worker misunderstood my plans so no care arranged and not safe to leave Maureen alone at the moment. Have requested a meeting ASAP to sort out communication problems. The Welsh Girl will wait for me!:D

briana

May 23, 2011
south wales
morning all

its stupid oclock, and im awake again!,,c fell asleep at half 11 and sleeping sound for now, ive been sitting here on laptop listening to him breathing in next room, waiting for that sound of he,s awake.. my mind is so active at night maybe because its so quiet I can actually focus on things?
The direct payment has been set up and I've advertised for a carer so just have to wait now, I have asked c,s support and stay carers if they would be interested in extra paid hours so fingers crossed, I would much prefer people c knows, he can be so complex in his behaviour.
we've had fab sunny skies here in wales for the last week so we've been doing a bit of clearing in the garden ie, sorting pots and brushing up etc, c loves to be out there, next weeks plans are potting up some seeds, c goes to " man shed " an Alzheimer's society scheme with his carer on a Friday and they are currently making bird tables, these classes are a great way of getting him out meeting people. Oh well going to try and get back to bed and have a few hours. Night all. bbx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
its stupid oclock, and im awake again!,,c fell asleep at half 11 and sleeping sound for now, ive been sitting here on laptop listening to him breathing in next room, waiting for that sound of he,s awake.. my mind is so active at night maybe because its so quiet I can actually focus on things?
The direct payment has been set up and I've advertised for a carer so just have to wait now, I have asked c,s support and stay carers if they would be interested in extra paid hours so fingers crossed, I would much prefer people c knows, he can be so complex in his behaviour.
we've had fab sunny skies here in wales for the last week so we've been doing a bit of clearing in the garden ie, sorting pots and brushing up etc, c loves to be out there, next weeks plans are potting up some seeds, c goes to " man shed " an Alzheimer's society scheme with his carer on a Friday and they are currently making bird tables, these classes are a great way of getting him out meeting people. Oh well going to try and get back to bed and have a few hours. Night all. bbx

Hi I'm awake and trying to sort one or two things out in my mind. I have been trying some gardening therapy too. Spring must be around the corner and seed planting can begin. Hope you are back in the land of nod by now. Think I will get the headphones on and sleep may come sooner rather than later.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope you both managed to sleep.
I've been awake for hours and resorted to an audiobook on my iPod.
That's finished and I never like to go straight to another but might have to.

I'm sorry your trip to see your mother isn't possible now GL. It takes an effort to arrange to go anywhere sometimes.

Briana, your weather must be a bit warmer than ours. I've been cutting down shrubs that have been left over recent years whilst visiting my husband who has been my priority of course. Now there is so much that needs sorting in the garden. I can only spend an hour or so out there though as it's so cold - and my back aches!
Little and often might have to be the way forward.
Sleep tight.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I hope you both managed to sleep.
I've been awake for hours and resorted to an audiobook on my iPod.
That's finished and I never like to go straight to another but might have to.

I'm sorry your trip to see your mother isn't possible now GL. It takes an effort to arrange to go anywhere sometimes.

Briana, your weather must be a bit warmer than ours. I've been cutting down shrubs that have been left over recent years whilst visiting my husband who has been my priority of course. Now there is so much that needs sorting in the garden. I can only spend an hour or so out there though as it's so cold - and my back aches!
Little and often might have to be the way forward.

Sleep tight.

Thanks: switching off now and going to get those headphones on.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thanks: switching off now and going to get those headphones on.

Morning GL, Saffie and Briana hope you all managed to get at least a little sleep! I am also finding my brain in over drive at nights and do most of my thinking . Did have a fairly good night for once. It's milder here but the air is full of dampness so staying in today to sort out paperwork which I left in a pile laying around ! Not my favourite pass time . Hope despite the lack of sleep you will have a peaceful day ! Love Heike xx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hi All. Been up for a while but a better night's sleep after a positive day yesterday. I even manged to get to my Buddhist Meditation Class last night. Think I drifted off a couple of times: hope I didn't snore too loudly. Maureen stayed home alone and spent a lot of time tidying the kitchen, which seems to be how she fills a lot of time. Must do my share today so she can have the rest she needs at the moment. Hope you all have a good day.

G L

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning GL so happy to be greeted by your lovely news. Let's hope it will make life easier for Maureen and yourself. It seems a little colder here this morning and we are expecting a bit of rain. Hairdressers this morning and a spot of lunch

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Morning GL so happy to be greeted by your lovely news. Let's hope it will make life easier for Maureen and yourself. It seems a little colder here this morning and we are expecting a bit of rain. Hairdressers this morning and a spot of lunch

Yes things seem to be moving in a positive direction at the moment. Hair and tan: look forward to seeing the outcome. Hope all goes to plan - waiting for visual evidence with interest.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Good morning everyone! Not such a good night but coping. Very windy and wet this morning! Off for my spray tan later , first ever lol so wish me luck ;) decided to get on with things and forget about all the services as they just stress me out and more often than not , don't listen anyway! Instead I will find things to make me feel good hence hair done yesterday, spray tan today and maybe a little shop for a treat tomorrow :) hope you all had a peaceful night love Heike xx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Good morning everyone! Not such a good night but coping. Very windy and wet this morning! Off for my spray tan later , first ever lol so wish me luck ;) decided to get on with things and forget about all the services as they just stress me out and more often than not , don't listen anyway! Instead I will find things to make me feel good hence hair done yesterday, spray tan today and maybe a little shop for a treat tomorrow :) hope you all had a peaceful night love Heike xx

Think you are right to concentrate on things you have some control over. Hope the tanning goes well. Busy morning for me as I try to cope with information from Cardio yesterday. Hope to see G P and lovely local chemist with the Big Eyes. We have to look for the positives in all of this!!!!

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Think you are right to concentrate on things you have some control over. Hope the tanning goes well. Busy morning for me as I try to cope with information from Cardio yesterday. Hope to see G P and lovely local chemist with the Big Eyes. We have to look for the positives in all of this!!!!

Exactly my friend :) x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Mmmmm awake again listening to the rain. Quite therapeutic ! Wish my brain would switch off. Hope you are all fast asleep my friends xxx nite nite