Awake

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
You have done it now GL !!! Doing my ironing singing the house of the rising sun ☺️.god knows what my neighbours think haha

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Just to let you know and in strictest confidence it's one of izzie's favourites. I may be wrong but I think she still has this thing about Eric (Burden) best not tell Billy Boy!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Aw no! I love Animal's songs but Eric Burden was not bonny!!!!!

(When I was at Primary School I was in the Little Jo fan club (Bonanza). )

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
In Primary 7 (the last year of primary school here) I was made to come out to the front nd read out a letter from the Little Jo fan club - I had been reading it under the desk!:eek:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Indeed I did. I also felt that many hours of standing in the corridor having been chucked out of a class in secondary school also contributed to my skills as a headteacher!:D

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
A Special Day

I am up early and I think I wanted to be as it is a Special Day. It is Jill's birthday (eldest sister) and it is also the anniversary of my dad's death. I have been very fortunate in being part of a supportive family - all good people. We are not always the closest of kin but we are always there for each other in times of need: a very lucky Grey Lad indeed! If i get to my scanner later I will post a picture of dad that mum still carries in her purse: he looks like a Film Star. You can tell I'm his son by the ears!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Aw. Looking forward to the photo. I have a very small but very supportive family. I know how important that is.

Have a good day.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning GL sounds like a wonderful day for youhad a good nights sleep and didn't get up till 6 yay . John only woke up twice and fell asleep again within 3o min. Feeling refreshed

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Morning everybody, glad it seems to havee been a reasonable night. I slept 'til 5 then everything going round in my head. Not a good day yesterday. Feel a bit better today. New bath chair, walking and toilet frame coming today, don't suppose himself will be very impressed but at least they'll be here.
Good luck for today Izzy, be thinking of you. Love, Es
x

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello chick we had a good nights sleep didn't wake until 6am, makes us all feel better, yesterday we went to lunch at our friends house, the only ones where we still get invites, such dear friends unfortunstly most have disappeared, hope your day is good ♡♡♡

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning everybody, glad it seems to havee been a reasonable night. I slept 'til 5 then everything going round in my head. Not a good day yesterday. Feel a bit better today. New bath chair, walking and toilet frame coming today, don't suppose himself will be very impressed but at least they'll be here.
x

Morning Es sorry to hear you had a bit of a difficult day yesterday bless you. . Hope it goes well with the bathroom frames and chairs. Hopefully they will make things easier . It must be difficult for Nick to accept them my John is the same it brings their disabilities to the fore front and it must be heartbreaking for them. Much love Heike xxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Morning Es sorry to hear you had a bit of a difficult day yesterday bless you. . Hope it goes well with the bathroom frames and chairs. Hopefully they will make things easier . It must be difficult for Nick to accept them my John is the same it brings their disabilities to the fore front and it must be heartbreaking for them. Much love Heike xxx

Thanks Chick, hope you have a good day. much love, Es
xxx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
x

Hi Es hope all goes well today. Acceptance is a real problem here. I am still not sure if Maureen accepts she will never drive again because of peripheral vision loss. I don't think she heard the doctor yesterday when he commented on the progressive nature of her condition: just as well me thinks. Good luck with himself today lot to cope with all those aids.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi Es hope all goes well today. Acceptance is a real problem here. I am still not sure if Maureen accepts she will never drive again because of peripheral vision loss. I don't think she heard the doctor yesterday when he commented on the progressive nature of her condition: just as well me thinks. Good luck with himself today lot to cope with all those aids.

John had peripheral vision loss in one eye after his stroke but it came back after a few days. Think it was a mini stroke though. Consultant never really explained but he is on the usual medication clopedogrel, statins and blood pressure tabs and gets a follow up every 6 month. That's when they diagnosed mild vascular dementia on top of his AD

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi GL, thanks for the good wishes. So so glad I found this place.
Hope you don't get a hard time from Maureen about the driving. It must be so hard to accept you've lost your independence and that the changes are forever. 'Luckily' Nick didn't have his license renewed because of his heart condition, then by the time he had his pacemaker and could have applied again he had really lost the capacity. Strange positives we get to look for!
Hope your day is good too. Love, Es
x

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
John had peripheral vision loss in one eye after his stroke but it came back after a few days. Think it was a mini stroke though. Consultant never really explained but he is on the usual medication clopedogrel, statins and blood pressure tabs and gets a follow up every 6 month. That's when they diagnosed mild vascular dementia on top of his AD

Seems a similar story on many fronts. They are adamant that visual loss is permanent after nearly a year from stroke. From what they have told us it was a full blown stroke. Have to be grateful that Maureen has recovered so well. Her resilience is amazing in the face of such adversity. Just have to thank our lucky stars for what we have but that's easier said than done.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Seems a similar story on many fronts. They are adamant that visual loss is permanent after nearly a year from stroke. From what they have told us it was a full blown stroke. Have to be grateful that Maureen has recovered so well. Her resilience is amazing in the face of such adversity. Just have to thank our lucky stars for what we have but that's easier said than done.

That must have been so hard for the both of you! I remember how frightening it was for me seeing John with his left side paralysed. It was me years eve last year followed by another on the 12 of January . He recovered quickly though but his left leg and arm are a bit weaker and he uses a walking stick . He does still drive but has yearly assessments at driving centre .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976