Awake

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Morning all been up a while but trying to avoid early morning posting - as you know. I clearly have it relatively easy compared with most folk on T P: but the 'best' is yet to come. Maureen tends to sleep well: it's me that's frequently in and out of bed or wandering the house at unearthly hours. My problem is controlling my thoughts and getting back to sleep after loo visits. I quite simply have to get back to meditation either here at home or going back to Wednesday evening classes.

Hope you are feeling better izzy and the op does the trick. We will all miss you when you are recovering but my guess is that the I Pad will be close by. Hope you all have a good day.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks GL. I'll have withdrawal symptoms and will pounce on the iPad when I get home!!:D

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hi Chick

I assume brain fog has cleared by now. Just wanted you to know that the 'French Lessons' are not another innuendo. Just to reassure you Sunday was a day of rest and recuperation. G L being naughty how very dare they?

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Ha ha GL it was one of my Homer Simpson moments doh !! We got some adult painting by numbers yesterday for John and he loved it. Was painting most of the evening. Wondered if Maureen might like to do something like that? Keeps mind and soul occupied! Lovely morning so off out later for a walk but wrapping up warm as it still is -3

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I had a look at these chick. They seemed very small, complicated and intricate. Are they all like that?

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Ha ha GL it was one of my Homer Simpson moments doh !! We got some adult painting by numbers yesterday for John and he loved it. Was painting most of the evening. Wondered if Maureen might like to do something like that? Keeps mind and soul occupied! Lovely morning so off out later for a walk but wrapping up warm as it still is -3

Great idea where did you get them from? Be good thing to do here as I want to start painting and drawing again but visual loss may be a problem for Maureen.. Funnily enough Maureen is at Opticians today for eye test. Then it's Stroke Clinic on Tuesday. Sometimes it feels like we are doing research on NHS with so many appointments. Still she will be well checked out with Cardiology appointment next week..

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
You can get them in shops like the Range or similar . Don't talk to me about docs or consultant appointments, feels like they have become our social life !

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Yep I do so know what you mean ! Everything has changed so much! Good days and bad days GL that's what we have got to hold onto adjusting and re adjusting . Tomorrow is another day my friend

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Morning everyone, an early one for me, hope you all have a good day.
Grey Lad and Heike Chick, the painting by numbers can be really relaxing can't it. I still enjoy colouring in! There are some nice books on a well known internet site with Mandalas for you to colour, supposed to have a sort of spiritual element. If Maureen's sight isn't so good GL, how about just some decent weight paper and paints to 'play' with. I love doing that as there's no pressure to 'achieve' something just the tactile pleasure of applying the paint and enjoying the colours. the other thing ou can do is get a small stiff plastic sheet, put splotches of paint on, then cover with another sheet and press it on top to take a print, maybe varying the pressure over the top sheet. Surprising what you can produce! These prints can be cut up or used on their own, maybe images seen can be enhanced etc. Oops, will stop going on now.
Hope you all have a good day! Love Es
x

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hi all been up for a while on searching mission. Have removed two pairs of redundant glasses from Maureen's handbag along with two pairs of sunglasses. We now have a box for old glasses and spare cases. This should make things easier - you can only try. Don't feel comfortable in Maureen's private places but I hope my trespassing will lead to less stress for us both. I still have a feeling that she has three black handbags on the go which add to her confusion; as she only talks of one.

First lot of washing on not dirty but all smell of perfume as does everything else but none being used here. This smells thing creates havoc and has been ongoing for a long time now. What puzzles me is that the carer was heavily scented yesterday and that caused no reaction but I think I may have been the enemy yesterday as I had arranged appointments this week. Not guilty me Lord but we take it on the chin smile and carry on.

The Stroke Clinic to look forward to at 10.15. Hope we can bump into those nice Nurses who looked after Maureen when she was in hospital: lovely big brown eyes those Spanish girls!:D:D:D

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning Es and GL and what a cold one it is brrrr ! Just chores for me today in doors . Ironing blah blah blah I'm sure you get the picture . Hope visit to hospital will go well for Maureen . John is still in bed with cuppa and toast and he's singing at the moment :) love to hear him sing and he has such a lovely smile this morning ahhh love him ! Es you have been a busy bee ! Are you having the room to do paintings in or as an office? Much love to you all Heike xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning Es and GL and what a cold one it is brrrr ! Just chores for me today in doors . Ironing blah blah blah I'm sure you get the picture . Hope visit to hospital will go well for Maureen . John is still in bed with cuppa and toast and he's singing at the moment :) love to hear him sing and he has such a lovely smile this morning ahhh love him ! Es you have been a busy bee ! Are you having the room to do paintings in or as an office? Much love to you all Heike xxx

Ps. Brown eyes and Spanish girls eh GL

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs

Hi my Feathered Friend

Just taken Maureen first cuppa. What sort of songs does John sing? Music is great and we use it a lot: bit of a reggae fan myself but we also have Sinatra on when we are dancing in the kitchen and looking for a Ten from Len. We don't iron anymore try to leave it to carers. Have a good day.

Paul

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Lovely start to the day Heike! Did John sing professionally or is it something he just loves to do?
Plan to be printing and dyeing fabric in the garage.
Good plans to help Maureen not lose her stuff GL, think I could do with something like that. I can lose things without moving from the spot:rolleyes:. Crossing personal boundaries is a difficult one isn't it, not something we want to do but this disease pushes us in all sorts of directions we don't want to go:mad:
Es
x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi my Feathered Friend

Just taken Maureen first cuppa. What sort of songs does John sing? Music is great and we use it a lot: bit of a reggae fan myself but we also have Sinatra on when we are dancing in the kitchen and looking for a Ten from Len. We don't iron anymore try to leave it to carers. Have a good day.

Paul

He sings a bit of everything , Motown , Commitments and sometimes, like today made up
Ones about him loving me so so lovely . Put such a huge smile on my face :) memories to cherish . I, myself love music from Bob Marley to modern pop like Sam Smith, George Ezzra and Ed Sheering and Elli Golding . Got a song for every mood, me !

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
He sings a bit of everything , Motown , Commitments and sometimes, like today made up
Ones about him loving me so so lovely . Put such a huge smile on my face :) memories to cherish . I, myself love music from Bob Marley to modern pop like Sam Smith, George Ezzra and Ed Sheering and Elli Golding . Got a song for every mood, me !

Hi how amazing that we are so clearly from the same flock. I make up songs and sing them to Maureen. Our Songbird (Maeve) has posted a new song on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdRJJzJpEQ8

I still prefer her version of Panic Chord but when we got her to sing The House of the Rising Sun in a local pub it stopped them in their tracks.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Love house of the raising sun too. John and I sing it often but I can't sing where by my John can. Doesn't stop us though

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi how amazing that we are so clearly from the same flock. I make up songs and sing them to Maureen. Our Songbird (Maeve) has posted a new song on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdRJJzJpEQ8

I still prefer her version of Panic Chord but when we got her to sing The House of the Rising Sun in a local pub it stopped them in their tracks.

You have done it now GL !!! Doing my ironing singing the house of the rising sun ☺️.god knows what my neighbours think haha

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976