Awake

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Chick, you have one beautiful granddaughter. What a lovely face and hair.

Haven't done a lot today. Visited Fred this morning in case the snow sets in. Felt I was going to be blown off the M5 as winds are so strong. Particularly careful when driving past high sided vehicles. He was a happy lad again so it was worth the drive. Some friends called in for a cup of tea this pm to update me on village goss (I'm ashamed to say) but it was good to see them.

Hope you enjoyed your day too. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Lovely to hear Fred was happy and a good visit had my friend . The winds are terrible here too and the temps have dropped this afternoon and it's getting very chilly ! Mia, is lovely she's staying over Friday night once we picked her up from school . Create our own pizza is her wish and after dinner is pop pops and nanny time . Gotta love grandchildren xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning , nothing much planned for today, might not be a bad thing as it's very cold and windy and even here in the South East we are expecting snow? I slept a bit better last night yay !!! Had phone all from SS late afternoon saying yearly review is due????!!!! Not sure what that is all about as nothing to do with admiral nurse yet , as she only came out 2 days ago? Only ever had SS out once to grant key safe and door alarm? Bit worried about that phone call but hey ho will find out on 17th of feb ! Did tell SS that admiral nurse was going to contact them anyway for a visit with both of them! What are you all up to today? How was hairdressers Izzy and your coffee morning! X

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Morning Chick. Glad you got some sleep.

Do you think your Admiral nurse nudged SS already?
No snow here, South west, yet, and I hope we won't get any as I want to go out for an hour's 'coffee and grizzle cake' with a lovely friend whose husband was admitted yesterday to a CH more suited to his challenging Dementia. They couldn't cope at the last one, and after moving him somewhere else for assessment she's been running ragged looking for somewhere that wiould accept him. She and I try to get together but with both husbands treading the same path it's been getting more difficult.

I hope your SS review is helpful. Here, no one seems to bother, except for an annual visit from a psychiatric nurse who I think only wants to get a tick for visiting and then be on her way... Once I phoned to ask about medication to help my husband rest at night and she told me to make a GP appointment. So what's she for?

I hope everyone here keeps warm and safe indoors if there's snow...

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning Chick. Glad you got some sleep.

Do you think your Admiral nurse nudged SS already?
No snow here, South west, yet, and I hope we won't get any as I want to go out for an hour's 'coffee and grizzle cake' with a lovely friend whose husband was admitted yesterday to a CH more suited to his challenging Dementia. They couldn't cope at the last one, and after moving him somewhere else for assessment she's been running ragged looking for somewhere that wiould accept him. She and I try to get together but with both husbands treading the same path it's been getting more difficult.

I hope your SS review is helpful. Here, no one seems to bother, except for an annual visit from a psychiatric nurse who I think only wants to get a tick for visiting and then be on her way... Once I phoned to ask about medication to help my husband rest at night and she told me to make a GP appointment. So what's she for?

I hope everyone here keeps warm and safe indoors if there's snow...

Good morning to you. don't think so as they were not aware of admiral nurse being here! Like you said they are not doing much but maybe I can get assessments done for John and I ?! Lovely to meet up with friends, more so if they have/share understanding g of dementia . Have a great time xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Morning!

We have annual reviews from our care manager (Social Worker). During these reviews he goes over all the questions about what support Bill needs to undertake the daily tasks of living and so on. These reviews are very important for us as they determine the number of hours care Bill receives. I know that things are different here as our free personal care for the elderly is central to the meeting. The hours that Bill gets are funded by the free personal care budget and Bill's own contribution. The carer's assessment is also part of this review meeting. The SW asks me about how I'm doing. We have an excellent SW and I email him throughout the year if I need to ask anything about our set up.

The visit to the hairdresser was fine. I ended up asking for a wet cut instead of the full blow dry so that I was back in time for Bill's carer finishing. Hair is nice and short now! We had a lovely 'blether' (Scottish word - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blether) and caught up on all the goings on! I meet with 4 people. One of them is one of my best friends from secondary school days. The other 3 are really friends of hers and since I retired I have joined them for their Wednesday coffee dates. 3 of them (including my friend) are artists and went to art college together in the 60s. 3 of us were teachers. It's a nice mix of people and good to meet with them.

Today we have a smattering of snow outside. Not as much as I think there is elsewhere in Scotland. Enough to wear my new boots I think!

No morning carer today as she is still on leave. Back next week. I'll get Bill ready for his day centre and take him up. I'll then come back towards home and stop off at Curves gym. I'm getting weighed and measured today:eek:! I'm pretty sure I've put on weight as I've not been too careful about eating this month! Hey ho!

Have a good day all. x

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Morning!

We have annual reviews from our care manager (Social Worker). During these reviews he goes over all the questions about what support Bill needs to undertake the daily tasks of living and so on. These reviews are very important for us as they determine the number of hours care Bill receives. I know that things are different here as our free personal care for the elderly is central to the meeting. The hours that Bill gets are funded by the free personal care budget and Bill's own contribution. The carer's assessment is also part of this review meeting. The SW asks me about how I'm doing. We have an excellent SW and I email him throughout the year if I need to ask anything about our set up.

The visit to the hairdresser was fine. I ended up asking for a wet cut instead of the full blow dry so that I was back in time for Bill's carer finishing. Hair is nice and short now! We had a lovely 'blether' (Scottish word - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blether) and caught up on all the goings on! I meet with 4 people. One of them is one of my best friends from secondary school days. The other 3 are really friends of hers and since I retired I have joined them for their Wednesday coffee dates. 3 of them (including my friend) are artists and went to art college together in the 60s. 3 of us were teachers. It's a nice mix of people and good to meet with them.

Today we have a smattering of snow outside. Not as much as I think there is elsewhere in Scotland. Enough to wear my new boots I think!

No morning carer today as she is still on leave. Back next week. I'll get Bill ready for his day centre and take him up. I'll then come back towards home and stop off at Curves gym. I'm getting weighed and measured today:eek:! I'm pretty sure I've put on weight as I've not been too careful about eating this month! Hey ho!

Have a good day all. x

BLETHER, lovely word.

That annual review you mentioned...nothing remotely like that here. There doesn't seem to be a jealous icon.

The dark sky has cleared here, so maybe we won't get snow.. Enjoy your boots.

BLETHER lovely word.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks Anne.

I know. I do hesitate to post about our situation sometimes as I know we are extremely lucky. x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning!

We have annual reviews from our care manager (Social Worker). During these reviews he goes over all the questions about what support Bill needs to undertake the daily tasks of living and so on. These reviews are very important for us as they determine the number of hours care Bill receives. I know that things are different here as our free personal care for the elderly is central to the meeting. The hours that Bill gets are funded by the free personal care budget and Bill's own contribution. The carer's assessment is also part of this review meeting. The SW asks m out of the blue as never had a care manager??? and she said she was!:eek:. Its lovely to have such good and long friends, bet you get up to mischief too;)

Have a good day all. x

Hello Izzy, thank you, it does seem ok then for SS to ring. Still strange getting that phonecall out of the blue with a care managers review. Didn't know we had a care manager:eek: Its lovely to have such good , long standing friends. Bet you get up to all sorts of mischief ;) Wish I was as slim as you but I have a long way to go yet but I have started with excersise mainly to get fitter, not so much for weightloss. xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Not such a good sleep today but picking Mia up from school for a sleep over later. We will create our own pizza lol . At least I can watch the snow falling but it's only a light white dust so far. I am hoping you are all still asleep and nicely tucked up xx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello chick l have been awake since 3.30, hubby woke up put the light on looking at me to see if l was his wife, he came to the conclusion that l wasn't his wife, this is not the best time of the morning to have to deal with this, hope the day will improve, taking him to see his sister for coffee, he always knows her!!! We will both be very tired later, hope your day goes well ♡♡♡

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Tucked up here but wide awake since before four. We had a pretty snowfall, but mostly melted before dark...

Black sky now but last night the moon was lovely and bright.

We have recently put in place a new 'friend' who takes my husband out of the house for a few hours, giving me some peace at home. He's coming this morning, so Pleez don't let it snow!

Might as well get up again now, and make a cup of tea...
Hope everyone has a good day...

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Hello chick l have been awake since 3.30, hubby woke up put the light on looking at me to see if l was his wife, he came to the conclusion that l wasn't his wife, this is not the best time of the morning to have to deal with this, hope the day will improve, taking him to see his sister for coffee, he always knows her!!! We will both be very tired later, hope your day goes well ♡♡♡

Oh Pamann..I hate that. My husband always knows me again in daylight...Its not as though I wear curlers in bed or anything! I always ask ' well, who else would be in your bed?' and laugh, and sometimes that gets through to him.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi all. I've been awake for a while but too cosy to go through for my iPad!

No snow where again.

Both carers on leave today so I can't go to Pilates. I might let the boy sleep a bit late today Choir this afternoon.

Have a good day.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I resisted that gorgeous cup of coffee and stayed in bed . Pamann and raggedy Ann that must be so difficult and sad . Sending you both a big hug!!! Izzy , the fine snow is now replaced by the wet stuff but the night was glorious to watch, with the moon and the snow and the stillness. Hope you can get a bit of rest later, all of you! Love Heike xx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Morning all had a fall of snow overnight followed by frost so slippy underfoot. Plan to feed some of the flock later but those pesky seagulls may snaffle it all before our birdie friends get the chance.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Morning all had a fall of snow overnight followed by frost so slippy underfoot. Plan to feed some of the flock later but those pesky seagulls may snaffle it all before our birdie friends get the chance.

Too late for morning greeting but hiya all anyway.
Grey Lad, we had lots of seaulls coming to eat the mealworms, sultanas and suet bits. I solved this by putting the ground feeder underneath two wall hanging baskets (a bit like mangers) fortunately we had been given these so no expense incurred but they did work. Had to weave some thick plastic covered wire thro
ugh as well though, otherwise the seagull just put its head through and pulled the whole feeder out!
Es
X

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
You have to admire the clever birds, gulls and those magpies, even though they're wicked. I call the magpies the Mafia...so clever and immaculately smart.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Morning all! Why am I awake??

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app