Awake

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Love the butterfly, chick.
I eventually went to one of the farm shops around. The owners are friends of friends and very chatty. Food is great! Stopped on the way back to get yet more suet slabs for greedy blackbirds! Also go to the cash machine! Got home and realised I'd left my stick by the cash machine ! Fortunately still there! There are times when I can't manage without both sticks!
Somebody tell me off about overuse of exclamation marks, please.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I eventually went to one of the farm shops around. The owners are friends of friends and very chatty. Food is great! Stopped on the way back to get yet more suet slabs for greedy blackbirds! Also go to the cash machine! Got home and realised I'd left my stick by the cash machine ! Fortunately still there! There are times when I can't manage without both sticks!

Nice to have a good farm shop near you Spamar. Nothing wrong wth exclamation marks!!! Need to get your butterflies and dragonflies sorted out though:D:D Thank goodness your stick was still there. Somebody might have thought a miracle had occurred!!
Es
x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone

Glad you managed to go out after all Spamar! Copying your exclamation marks hehe. Farm shops are great but unfortunately not that many around anymore. I see you like feeding the feathered friends as well. We got Woodpeckers, tits, finches, robins, starlings, sparrows and of course black birds ! Love watching them on my feeders outside kitchen window . Can't do the back garden as my cats roam there x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

THEHELP

Jan 30, 2015
Lack of sleep!!!!!!

Looking for some of you seasoned carers/partners for coping with lack of sleep. Hu husband up and about, EVEN with 7.5mg sleeper!!!!!!! Always ready for bed , but then up and down, in bathroom, in wardrobe, downstairs........... Lights on, doors banging..... can get quite angry if told/asked to go back to bed. Then up early,..lights on...all awake. Then.....back to bed, lights on.......!!!! Sometimes going on about things other times he might be planning races against the carers dog, taking pyjamas off to donate to someone in need! Its hard coping if we get reasonable sleep, but when we are shattered its worst. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello THEHELP I have the same problem with my husband, he was on sleeping pills, but they made him like a zombie so l stopped them, my hubby goes to bed so early 7pm because he is so tired, then awake at 2am lights on all over the house blinds open, l am up turning lights off, l don't get much sleep, nights are a real nightmare, l don't know what the answer is, ♡♡♡♡

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello I in the same boat other than reassurance for him I can't do much either. Night times are hard and I am tired too . John wakes up min 3 to 5 times a night hence I started this thread. I do try and get a couple of hours in the afternoon but it's not always possible. SS is coming out on 19th to see if I can have a night carer for a short time to catch up on sleep a little. Perhaps you could also contact admiral nurse and SS ? X

THEHELP

Jan 30, 2015
Hi Pamann. Doesn't seem to be an answer does there? I'll think about you tonight at goodness knows what time!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Now, how did that emoticon arrive? I did a colon and half a bracket. Never realised it would work on iPad before. Maybe I'd better change my name to ignoramus!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Farmshops, we have 4 within 5 miles. 3 of them have a cafe! Upside of living in a rural area that has lots of visitors. Lost count of the number of ordinary cafés around. Generally go to the easy access ones, neither of us walk very well at the moment.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Is it too early to say good morning? I've been awake all night! It's mostly my nose causing me problems but Bill is restless too. He's a bit more settled now so maybe he'll sleep. Hope everyone else is sleeping.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
No Izzy, not too early at all. Good morning to you and Bill.

Today is definitely going to be a pj day. I have been in and out of bed since 8pm last night and finally gave up at 2 am and have been playing mahjong, word search and solitaire since then. Can't believe how quickly this has come on, how lousy I feel and how sorry I feel for myself.

Hope all goes well for you Izzy and you get some long deserved relief.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Is it too early to say good morning? I've been awake all night! It's mostly my nose causing me problems but Bill is restless too. He's a bit more settled now so maybe he'll sleep. Hope everyone else is sleeping.

Morning Izzy sorry to hear your nose is coursing you problems again! I remember you saying operation is in Feb so hopefully it will be soon. Hoping that Bill has gone back to sleep so you can grab a few hours too xx

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
Good Evening or Good Morning, whichever you prefer, waiting for the little monkey that is my cat to come in, before I collapse into my bed :cool:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Morning all again.

Sorry you're feeling so unwell Jaymor. Hope you get over it quickly. I've been awake all night. My mouth is totally dried up as I'm constantly breathing through it rather than my nose. I'm now waterlogged!!

I go into hospital for my operation on Wednesday chick. :eek: Not looking forward to that. My little case is all packed and ready for me to go! I have to report to the ward at 10am Wednesday.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hospitals are never nice bless but hopefully all goes well and you will be home in no time without the horrible polyps! Keeping fingers crossed xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Good morning.

Best wishes from me too, Izzy. Hope all goes well. Perhaps worth mentioning but you probably are aware of them, when Fred was home and we were going through the same kind of nights as you all are now, the SS arranged for the OTs to fit some sensors all over the house to track his movements. They were linked electronically to a computer that allowed us to log on and see what was happening. They were in place for a week and the results were both amazing and fascinating. The OTs couldn't believe how frequently he was up and about and which rooms he was visiting most. Of course it didn't record the doors opening and closing, the lights going on and off, etc, but it was of great help in getting the increased AA, in case I wanted to buy in night care now and then to get an uninterrupted night (won't say sleep!). As it happens, it was very short lived as he went into his CH shortly after.

Hoping you all have a peaceful day.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thant's interesting Truth. Bill doesn't tend to get up now. He constantly moves his legs up and down and throws the duvet off. He then tries to nick my duvet! It's not so bad at home as he has a hospital bed. I think he's used to having his back raised a bit which, of course, we can't do here.

You never know though. Wandering could start again I suppose so I'll keep that in mind.

Oh yes, he also had the hiccups two or three times during the night! I think he's sleeping now. :rolleyes: