Awake

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Dear chick. You are a lovely neighbour to have but you are right, your priority is your man. Her son should have gone with her. Perhaps a phone call to the hospital would suffice. It would seem likely that they might assess her mental state while there and perhaps transfer to a psych ward for the appropriate treatment. Try to get some rest yourself, sweetie. Verityxx
Sent from my GT-N5110

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Dear chick. You are a lovely neighbour to have but you are right, your priority is your man. Her son should have gone with her. Perhaps a phone call to the hospital would suffice. It would seem likely that they might assess her mental state while there and perhaps transfer to a psych ward for the appropriate treatment. Try to get some rest yourself, sweetie. Verityxx
Sent from my GT-N5110

I know Verity but it kind of stays with you. Up until October last year before it all started she was a dear lovely lady tending her garden and independent . She has deteriorated so much and hearing all these terrible things 24 hours all day long must be so frightening! She lost so much weight and nobody really cares about her so so awful. Hospital is the best place for her but I think she might get sectioned too. Our hospital is on special measures and not the best at moment! Hence I am worrying thank you for your kind words it means a lot xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
So sorry Chick to read about your neighbour, and the difficulty of not being able to go with her to hospital..but of course you couldn't. What a good job you were there and able to get help for her.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Chick

I remember your kindness towards June when she was so disturbed a few months ago. However, there is no way that you could leave your OH to go to hospital with her. My own opinion is that it could do some good if June was sectioned and assessed.The medics would look after her physical needs as well as her mental health needs. She would get a thorough MOT. They would also look at what her son is doing/not doing to help her and keep her safe.

Please try not to worry too much-difficult for you I know as you have a good and compassionate heart.

Love as always

Lyn T XX

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So sorry Chick to read about your neighbour, and the difficulty of not being able to go with her to hospital..but of course you couldn't. What a good job you were there and able to get help for her.

Thank you for your kind words specially as you had such a bad night yourself . Do hope you will have a peaceful day and catch up on that needed sleep later on xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi Chick

I remember your kindness towards June when she was so disturbed a few months ago. However, there is no way that you could leave your OH to go to hospital with her. My own opinion is that it could do some good if June was sectioned and assessed.The medics would look after her physical needs as well as her mental health needs. She would get a thorough MOT. They would also look at what her son is doing/not doing to help her and keep her safe.

Please try not to worry too much-difficult for you I know as you have a good and compassionate heart.

Love as always

Lyn T XX

Bless you Lyn you are such an amazing woman! Here you are comforting me and yet going through such heartache yourself! Much love to you xxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning everyone! Miss our grey lad on this thread and hoping he and Maureen are doing fine! Izzy , I hope you enjoyed your gossip with the girls and lunch was yummy :) it's quite windy this morning but not particularly cold! Cats guarding our garden, chasing leaves ! Silly things!!!! Have a lovely day everyone x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Morning Chick

Yes nice coffee time yesterday and a nice soup and sandwich lunch at a garden centre outside Dundee yesterday.

It's wet this morning but no snow so far. I think it's forecast for the west, not sure if it'll reach here or not.

Coffee time again this morning. I meet with 4 friends every Wednesday morning - a large black coffee and a small cheese scone - yummy! The carer will be taking Bill to the dentist at 12.30. He has an appointment with the hygienist. Whether he'll get out of the car for her is another story!

I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon.

Have a good day all. x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning Chick

Yes nice coffee time yesterday and a nice soup and sandwich lunch at a garden centre outside Dundee yesterday.

It's wet this morning but no snow so far. I think it's forecast for the west, not sure if it'll reach here or not.

Coffee time again this morning. I meet with 4 friends every Wednesday morning - a large black coffee and a small cheese scone - yummy! The carer will be taking Bill to the dentist at 12.30. He has an appointment with the hygienist. Whether he'll get out of the car for her is another story!

I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon.

Have a good day all. x

We are out today too . Lunch with daughter in law and Charlie our grandson! Bit of retail therapy for us girls first ;) just looked it's raining and wet here too but will still enjoy our outing. Will we see a photo of your new haircut later izzy? Hope so xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Mmmm. Not likely to have a photo!! It's just a routine cut. I never get anything fancy done! We're going away on Sunday night for a belated anniversary meal so if I can get a waiter to take a pic you might see it then. Bill used to take good pictures with my iphone but he's not so hot at that now. I think I'll need to ask the hairdresser to just do a wet cut rather than the cut and blow dry I'm booked in for. The afternoon carer is on leave. The morning carer is staying on to do some extra time but she needs to leave at 2.45 to pick up her little boy from school. My appointment is at 2 so don't think the full Monty would be finished by 2.45. Fortunately the hairdresser's is just across the road from us!

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Mmmm. Not likely to have a photo!! It's just a routine cut. I never get anything fancy done! We're going away on Sunday night for a belated anniversary meal so if I can get a waiter to take a pic you might see it then. Bill used to take good pictures with my iphone but he's not so hot at that now. I think I'll need to ask the hairdresser to just do a wet cut rather than the cut and blow dry I'm booked in for. The afternoon carer is on leave. The morning carer is staying on to do some extra time but she needs to leave at 2.45 to pick up her little boy from school. My appointment is at 2 so don't think the full Monty would be finished by 2.45. Fortunately the hairdresser's is just across the road from us!

I am not good with hairdressers , most ppl like getting their hair done but I don't lol . I do go but can't wait for her to finish the colour and cut!!!! Maybe it's because I have curly hair . Makes combing it through quite difficult . My son and granddaughter are the same , they don't like going either . Must run in our family ;) ImageUploadedByTalking Point1422431106.036317.jpgImageUploadedByTalking Point1422431106.036317.jpg

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a beautiful photo!!

My hair is straight as a poker! It's also quite grey, as you will have seen from photos on Bill's thread! I've never had it coloured. Too late to start now methinks!:rolleyes:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
What a beautiful photo!!

My hair is straight as a poker! It's also quite grey, as you will have seen from photos on Bill's thread! I've never had it coloured. Too late to start now methinks!:rolleyes:

You look lovely Izzy and your hair suits you ! I always dabble with colours . I was a redhead so have very pale skin ( I'm sure there's a bit of Scottish in me ;) ) and my grey/white hair does not suit me so I colour it mostly red but have been known to put a bit of blue or pink streaks in it ;) x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
What a beautiful child, and glorious hair! I ate all my crusts wishing for curls and mine is also straight as a die..what's a die?:)

Thank you but it's hard to manage Mias hair bless getting the knots out is a nightmare but we do manage! She tells me nanny you are the best with my hair as it does not hurt when you brush it aren't grandchildren just the best ?! X

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Lovely photo Heike, your grandaughter is beautiful. I love the look of curly hair, especially when it's long but have never had the challenge of getting a brush through it. It always looks good though.
Just caught up with your posts about your neighbour, I hope she's getting the care and help she needs. She's very lucky to have such a kind person living next door but it's hard for you sometimes when you want so much to help but have to prioritise your lovely John. Don't feel guilty, you have to be realistic.
So sorry for everyone who is having such disturbed nights, wishing you all some peace and rest.
Love Es
x

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Chick, you have one beautiful granddaughter. What a lovely face and hair.

Haven't done a lot today. Visited Fred this morning in case the snow sets in. Felt I was going to be blown off the M5 as winds are so strong. Particularly careful when driving past high sided vehicles. He was a happy lad again so it was worth the drive. Some friends called in for a cup of tea this pm to update me on village goss (I'm ashamed to say) but it was good to see them.

Hope you enjoyed your day too. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL