Awake

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...I've just been asked by the mental health consultant to get OH ECG done. Why? What are they going to do if there is something wrong we are talking mental health, not vascular surgeon..."

Several medications, including the 'memory drugs' can affect the sinus rhythm, an ECG will show if the medications should be started or discontinued.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Wow got my emergency carer card today, only applied on line on Thursday ! Can't believe how quickly it arrived !

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Only just read this, sorry late catch up. AS referred me about 18 months ago to get this. I am still waiting for the card. I have had ss making frequent calls to the company who run the scheme but still I can't get a card.
Apparently I am in the system but they can't tell me how this is going to help if I were to have an emergency

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Only just read this, sorry late catch up. AS referred me about 18 months ago to get this. I am still waiting for the card. I have had ss making frequent calls to the company who run the scheme but still I can't get a card.
Apparently I am in the system but they can't tell me how this is going to help if I were to have an emergency

I got mine from council think they are the ones issuing them. Just phone them up maybe bemused ?! Was surprise how quickly I got mine as Beate has waited a long time too x

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
This council won't issue them without a carers assessment which I had after a6 month wait in Nov 2013. Then the actual scheme is run by a private company and they WILL NOT issue me with a card. I've had Age UK, social services and the council's carers support on the case but I still cannot get a card. Carers support even made a complaint to Health watch on my behalf but I still cannot get a card.
Having a husband who has to be hoisted everywhere and can do almost nothing for himself, it would be such a valuable peace of mind for the few times I get to do something really exciting like going to the dentist.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
This council won't issue them without a carers assessment which I had after a6 month wait in Nov 2013. Then the actual scheme is run by a private company and they WILL NOT issue me with a card. I've had Age UK, social services and the council's carers support on the case but I still cannot get a card. Carers support even made a complaint to Health watch on my behalf but I still cannot get a card.
Having a husband who has to be hoisted everywhere and can do almost nothing for himself, it would be such a valuable peace of mind for the few times I get to do something really exciting like going to the dentist.

That's awful bemused :( where abouts to you live? Your council should be ashamed!!!! Every carer surely needs one of them speechless !

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It took me so long to get mine first due to miscommunication between departments (social worker had given them the details but they managed to mislay them), then due to the special stationery running out (?) and finally one had apparently been sent out but lost in the post and when chasing up someone was on sick leave. But at no point did anyone say you can't have this, though admittedly they do not publicise the card at all and I only learned about it by accident. Which is how I come across most information really!

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon

Hi bemused. Outrageous that you haven't been able to get a card. I know it all gets exhausting but have you contacted your MP? Sometimes that's the only thing that works.
Es
x

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Morning Heike, I hope John had a reasonable night and you are both feeling better this morning. Wishing you a peaceful day.
Es
xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning Heike, I hope John had a reasonable night and you are both feeling better this morning. Wishing you a peaceful day.
Es
xxx

Morning Es bit of a so so night but John seems better this morning :) thank you for asking after us and thank you to all you others who left comments it's really appreciated xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Good morning, how is everyone on this Saturday morning? It's mend to be a sunny day today , cold but sunny! Might take John for a walk along the beach later but have to see as he is really feeling the cold at the moment ! X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning chick

IT was the cold which stopped my husband going out for a walk by the beach. I think his slower movement didn’t help.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Yes I think you are right Grannieg ! John does walk very slowly might have to sit with him in conservatory and watch wildlife in the garden instead :) once the sun gets on it it gets very warm

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
It's bird watch weekend, get him counting birds!
I'm going to one of the local cafés with some friends I haven't seen for a while, should be good!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Been awake for a couple of hours with OH either snoring or complaining loudly he doesnt know where he is and please can I explain...which I do, but when it's dark he can't remember even for a minute, so he asks again and again

Had some bad family news yesterday that I can't share with him......WIDE AWAKE and thoroughly fed up...

Soon it will be light, and after a while he'll be so much better, but I'll be SO tired....

Yesterday he really wanted to go out, but I was too tired to drive. We're getting a couple of hours company for him twice a week now...which helps a lot and gets him out of the house....but, oh dear, I so need to sleep...

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
It's been a beautiful day here too, Chick, and another lovely visit to Fred to complete it.

Sent from my GT-N5110

So pleased you had a lovely day truth it makes such a difference ! Awww a lovely visit to your Fred too can't get better can it :) much love to you and Fred xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Been awake for a couple of hours with OH either snoring or complaining loudly he doesnt know where he is and please can I explain...which I do, but when it's dark he can't remember even for a minute, so he asks again and again

Had some bad family news yesterday that I can't share with him......WIDE AWAKE and thoroughly fed up...

Soon it will be light, and after a while he'll be so much better, but I'll be SO tired....

Yesterday he really wanted to go out, but I was too tired to drive. We're getting a couple of hours company for him twice a week now...which helps a lot and gets him out of the house....but, oh dear, I so need to sleep...

So sorry to read this raggedy Anne ! Sleep deprivation is the worst. Like Izzy said earlier, hope you managed to get at least a little bit of sleep after you posted .

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Fairly tired myself this morning . You might remember my neighbour June who has problems with hearing voices and music and is also hard of hearing, she came over last night very agitated and stressed as the voices had become nasty and commanded her to kill herself! Crisis team had been visiting her every day but packed up 2 days ago and referred her back to mental health! Whilst here I was listening to her, trying to calm her down but all of a sudden she turned grey and clammy and had heart paints!!! Phoned the ambulance and paramedics who took her to hospital as she was having a heart attack . She was so scared and confused and her son didn't go with her. I feel so guilty not going with her but I just can't leave my John on his own ! Hoping to pop up the hospital today to see how she is but until then I am sitting here worried!! Sorry to ramble on x