Awake all night

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
Has anyone found a way to stop staying awake all through the night. My mother will not go to bed! I now manage to get her up to her room for 10pm and settle her with milky drink biscuit etc. she knows that she is "upstairs for bed" but will not get ready for bed or actually get I yo bed until about 4 in the morning. I leave her settled in her chair with the TV at ten but she then spends the next 6 hours being busy doing nothing but will not actually get into bed. I go to bed myself and then get up again about 3.30 and then finally get her into bed. Any ideas ..she will not entertain getting ready or actually getting into bed before this

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Has anyone found a way to stop staying awake all through the night. My mother will not go to bed! I now manage to get her up to her room for 10pm and settle her with milky drink biscuit etc. she knows that she is "upstairs for bed" but will not get ready for bed or actually get I yo bed until about 4 in the morning. I leave her settled in her chair with the TV at ten but she then spends the next 6 hours being busy doing nothing but will not actually get into bed. I go to bed myself and then get up again about 3.30 and then finally get her into bed. Any ideas ..she will not entertain getting ready or actually getting into bed before this

had just given you my desperation with same problem for 5 months since my mum moved in with me. after completion realised I wasn't logged in, so you never received it! anyway, long story short, I had to eventually give in and talk to mums gp. been trying a mixture of pills for about 3 weeks. 1st nights full sleep in her bedroom last night. so only time will tell, problem is shes so tired now in pjs and asleep on sofa and its only 4pm. can't wake her, because I know she will continue with pleas for me to take her home or want to talk to my brother all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR