attendance allowance

mondoos

Oct 14, 2014
My husband has alzheimers and I have just been refused attendance allowance because he does not need help with bodily functions. However he does need lots of other help. do you think its worth appealing against this.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
My husband has alzheimers and I have just been refused attendance allowance because he does not need help with bodily functions. However he does need lots of other help. do you think its worth appealing against this.

Is that all they said "no help with bodily functions"? If so then appeal, I take it you meet all the other qualifying rules, age, getting a benefit like DLA and all that so if that's the only reason they can give it sounds like they've invented a new rule!
K

PC128

Nov 5, 2014
Hello there.... I am not sure I know how to use this T P.... Y

Is that all they said "no help with bodily functions"? If so then appeal, I take it you meet all the other qualifying rules, age, getting a benefit like DLA and all that so if that's the only reason they can give it sounds like they've invented a new rule!
K

Hello there I am new to T P , but can appreciate how useful & helpful it can be.
I have Ben having A Arobably a year now, though husband has dementia for 6 yrs. we have just moved on from the lower level to the higher level. At the memory clinic at our hospital there is an "alzheimers coordinator " ? Who filed in forms for us... We also get a reduction in council tax. We got A A when we were not asking for it.... So a great help to pay towards car wash, & other things my husband not able to do. You do need an alzheimers person to help with the form filling in. Good luck. Now I must work my way around this T P , get used to the jargon used etc.... Hope it is not going to be like face book..... All the best

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello there I am new to T P , but can appreciate how useful & helpful it can be.
I have Ben having A Arobably a year now, though husband has dementia for 6 yrs. we have just moved on from the lower level to the higher level. At the memory clinic at our hospital there is an "alzheimers coordinator " ? Who filed in forms for us... We also get a reduction in council tax. We got A A when we were not asking for it.... So a great help to pay towards car wash, & other things my husband not able to do. You do need an alzheimers person to help with the form filling in. Good luck. Now I must work my way around this T P , get used to the jargon used etc.... Hope it is not going to be like face book..... All the best

Hi PC. I put some suggestions re using the site on your own thread.