Attendance Allowance Application - which LPA(s) should I send in ?

kch

Sep 22, 2019
Thank you all for your words of advice.

This afternoon I took a trip to my local (Bracknell) Job Centre Plus, and a very helpful chap made copies of both LPAs, stamped and signed them, for free.

He did not ask whether or not my mum had mental capacity, nor did he ask for ID.

These certified copies will be sent with the Attendance Allowance form.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Well done on getting it done so quickly.
Capacity wouldn't matter to Job Centre man, he was just certifying they were true copies. It will be the institutions you send the LPA to which may (or may not) question capacity.

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
I put a reply to this on another thread - but basically, it isnt you that can make a certified copy, it has to be done by the donor - ie the person with dementia and only if they still have capacity.

I have also seen a thread by someone whose PWD still had capacity and they did this, but it was not accepted by some official bodies.

I managed to find a solicitor who will certify copies for ten pound a copy. I’m going to get three and keep the original safe. X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I put a reply to this on another thread - but basically, it isnt you that can make a certified copy, it has to be done by the donor - ie the person with dementia and only if they still have capacity.

I have also seen a thread by someone whose PWD still had capacity and they did this, but it was not accepted by some official bodies.

Mum (pwd) did certify her own LPA’s as specified on website and the letter that accompanied them so I am concerned to read they may not be valid. ( not tried to use them yet)
I just wondered what a solicitor does differently as I guess they do not write the wording out at the bottom of each page. Meanwhile I will try and find the other thread
Thank you

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Basically OH's is stamped on every page with the same wording plus solicitors name and business address, first page signed, subsequent pages initalled.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Mum (pwd) did certify her own LPA’s as specified on website and the letter that accompanied them so I am concerned to read they may not be valid. ( not tried to use them yet)
I just wondered what a solicitor does differently as I guess they do not write the wording out at the bottom of each page. Meanwhile I will try and find the other thread
Thank you

Hi, this is the thread.

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/thr...by-financial-institution.115692/#post-1631026

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet