Attendance Allowance Application - which LPA(s) should I send in ?

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by kch, Sep 22, 2019.

1. kch

kch New member

Sep 22, 2019
    Thank you all for your words of advice.

This afternoon I took a trip to my local (Bracknell) Job Centre Plus, and a very helpful chap made copies of both LPAs, stamped and signed them, for free.

He did not ask whether or not my mum had mental capacity, nor did he ask for ID.

These certified copies will be sent with the Attendance Allowance form.

2. Sirena

Sirena Registered User

Feb 27, 2018
    Female
    Well done on getting it done so quickly.
    Capacity wouldn't matter to Job Centre man, he was just certifying they were true copies. It will be the institutions you send the LPA to which may (or may not) question capacity.

3. Rosserk

Rosserk Registered User

Jul 9, 2019
    I managed to find a solicitor who will certify copies for ten pound a copy. I’m going to get three and keep the original safe. X

4. Bikerbeth

Bikerbeth Registered User

Feb 11, 2019
    Bedford
    Mum (pwd) did certify her own LPA’s as specified on website and the letter that accompanied them so I am concerned to read they may not be valid. ( not tried to use them yet)
    I just wondered what a solicitor does differently as I guess they do not write the wording out at the bottom of each page. Meanwhile I will try and find the other thread
    Thank you

5. RosettaT

RosettaT Registered User

Sep 9, 2018
    Female
    Mid Lincs
    Basically OH's is stamped on every page with the same wording plus solicitors name and business address, first page signed, subsequent pages initalled.

6. Sirena

Sirena Registered User

Feb 27, 2018
    Female
    Hi, this is the thread.

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/thr...by-financial-institution.115692/#post-1631026

7. Bikerbeth

Bikerbeth Registered User

Feb 11, 2019
    Bedford