1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Tomorrow morning I have got to go for another Atos assesment

Not looking forward to it

2. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Dear Sarah, I'm sorry this assessment is causing you so much stress and worry.

Hope all goes well, in fact I'm sure it will :)

Will be thinking of you :)

Lindy xx

3. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    I hope you have support with you for this meeting, what does it take for them to realise how things are for you? xxx

4. meme

meme Registered User

Aug 29, 2011
    Female
    London
    good luck..

5. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    I will be thinking of you Sarah and hope it goes well, I am sorry if this is causing you stress, try not to worry xx

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    What a waste of time Sarah. Please try not to worry. I know it`s easier said than done.

7. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    I've got one tomorrow, Thursday. Like Sarah, not looking forward to it!

8. Grace L

Grace L Registered User

Jun 14, 2014
    NW UK
    I thought the Government was supposed to stop wasting money ...
    Why are ATOS still assessing people who do not need to be assessed?

I went through this situation with husband when attempting DLA .... took ages , had reams of supporting paperwork....

Finally got sorted, by which time he had started on his VaD decline... and needed to be re-assessed. :(

Good Luck... to anyone seeing ATOS .... fingers crossed .....

9. john51

john51 Registered User

Apr 26, 2014
    Male
    Dunstable, Bedfordshire
    I recently made a pip claim. Like everybody else I was concerned about the atos assessment. In the end they didn't bother. They said the diagnosis letter from the consultant with the letter from my pension provider granting ill health retirement and the one from dvla telling me I can no longer drive was enough. Surely they could provide a checklist of paper which is likely to be enough for them to judge the claim without a face to face assessment?

10. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    I'm afraid I don't know what ATOS is, but I'm sorry that the meeting is causing people stress and worry. That's not really what you need, is it?

Big hugs.

xx

11. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hope they go well Sarah and Spamar.

12. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Thinking of you Sarah and Spamar, hope you see someone sensible.

I may have this to come soon and the thought of it fills me with dread.

Hoping for a positive outcome for anyone going through it.

CG - ATOS is the company (although I was told it had changed to another one) with the responsibility for carrying our medical assessments for benefit claimants, you may be seen by any Healthcare Professional from a physio, OT, nurse etc. but they don't necessarily know anything about your condition.

13. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    They're a private company appointed by the government to assess people on benefit. Some of the decisions arising from the interviews are to say the least a bit strange.
    Good Luck Sarah.
    K

14. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Celia went in with me and she was very good

The Doctor was spanish and spoke very quietly and extremely fast, I had to ask her to slow down.

I was suitably dim! I get so nervous at these appts and my brain goes into panic mode and I can't remember anything. She asked me to do the 3 times table I got to 12 and then she heard me go 13, 14 15 16,17,18 at which point she gave up!:)

some people cant to their times tables anyway so that's a stupid test in my humble opinion

Celia pointed out that I had good days and bad days

Now I will have to wait and see the outcome

15. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I hope all works out well for you Sarah. I remember Roger having to go to atos, and it was such a waste of time.

I am glad that Celia went with you, because such appointments can be so daunting. x

16. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    Thanks, Sue and Kevin, for explaining :).

I hope everything works out well Sarah x

17. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Mine went OK, I think. The questioner was a (ex?) paramedic. She seemed to think there would be no problem. The main problem I have is remembering all the changes, because some of them have become second nature. Oh well, time will tell!

18. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Hoping those assessors are sensible and perceptive, everyone. x

19. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    It's done...

IF it's rejected... There is always the appeal... Which seems to be the expected route - only in my opinion :rolleyes:

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

20. NanLorac

NanLorac Registered User

May 14, 2012
    Female
    Scotland
    I hope that you both get put in the support group. You should not have to go through this. I had a fight to get my husband in the support group and got the local MP involved. He wrote ' let common sense prevail ', they did.