Atos appt

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Dear Sarah, I'm sorry this assessment is causing you so much stress and worry.

Hope all goes well, in fact I'm sure it will :)

Will be thinking of you :)

Lindy xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I will be thinking of you Sarah and hope it goes well, I am sorry if this is causing you stress, try not to worry xx

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
I thought the Government was supposed to stop wasting money ...
Why are ATOS still assessing people who do not need to be assessed?

I went through this situation with husband when attempting DLA .... took ages , had reams of supporting paperwork....

Finally got sorted, by which time he had started on his VaD decline... and needed to be re-assessed. :(

Good Luck... to anyone seeing ATOS .... fingers crossed .....

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
I recently made a pip claim. Like everybody else I was concerned about the atos assessment. In the end they didn't bother. They said the diagnosis letter from the consultant with the letter from my pension provider granting ill health retirement and the one from dvla telling me I can no longer drive was enough. Surely they could provide a checklist of paper which is likely to be enough for them to judge the claim without a face to face assessment?

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thinking of you Sarah and Spamar, hope you see someone sensible.

I may have this to come soon and the thought of it fills me with dread.

Hoping for a positive outcome for anyone going through it.

CG - ATOS is the company (although I was told it had changed to another one) with the responsibility for carrying our medical assessments for benefit claimants, you may be seen by any Healthcare Professional from a physio, OT, nurse etc. but they don't necessarily know anything about your condition.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Celia went in with me and she was very good

The Doctor was spanish and spoke very quietly and extremely fast, I had to ask her to slow down.

I was suitably dim! I get so nervous at these appts and my brain goes into panic mode and I can't remember anything. She asked me to do the 3 times table I got to 12 and then she heard me go 13, 14 15 16,17,18 at which point she gave up!:)

some people cant to their times tables anyway so that's a stupid test in my humble opinion

Celia pointed out that I had good days and bad days

Now I will have to wait and see the outcome

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope all works out well for you Sarah. I remember Roger having to go to atos, and it was such a waste of time.

I am glad that Celia went with you, because such appointments can be so daunting. x

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Mine went OK, I think. The questioner was a (ex?) paramedic. She seemed to think there would be no problem. The main problem I have is remembering all the changes, because some of them have become second nature. Oh well, time will tell!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Mine went OK, I think. The questioner was a (ex?) paramedic. She seemed to think there would be no problem. The main problem I have is remembering all the changes, because some of them have become second nature. Oh well, time will tell!

It's done...

IF it's rejected... There is always the appeal... Which seems to be the expected route - only in my opinion :rolleyes:

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
I hope that you both get put in the support group. You should not have to go through this. I had a fight to get my husband in the support group and got the local MP involved. He wrote ' let common sense prevail ', they did.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyK