at which point does applying for an LPA becoming inapplicable?

living in hope

Dec 14, 2008
yorkshire
Hi All
I am just registering an EPA on my husband, I am also not sure if it will benefit me, but after reading posts on here decided to register it (we drew them up in 1997), I am working on the principle that it cant do any harm and knowing my luck if I dont I would need it! I have to pay £120 to court of protection to register it plus solicitory fees.
Lorraine

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Hi,
Just my pennyworth as well....... don't let a solicitor bamboozle you that the registration must be done using a solicitor ..... you don't!

The pack which you can access from the Public Guardianship Office is very easy to follow both for the initial signing of the original EPA/LPA through to what to do to register the thing. It can just seem a little daunting as there is a lot to read but it is well written and easy to follow. Also, their help line is very helpful.

Mind you, £120 to regster with the PGO seems a lot of money to me for not a lot of work ...... but hey ho, what do I know!!

Elaine

Lisa M 99

Feb 12, 2009
Winchester
Yes, you don't need a solicitor. As long as you answer all of the questions really carefully, you will be okay. Very clear instructions accompany the form and they are really helpful at OPG if you need to phone them.

I just received a letter to say that the registration date is set for mid April, so fingers crossed it will all go through. I am so glad that i did it.