At war with dementia

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
just that really ...that what it feels like .like a war im in the middle of it ive gone to battle and its the most strange bizarre feeling like im fighting a losing battle that devil dementia i try to think of ways to defeat it but it always wins doesn't it ? It always wins
no matter what i do
i kind of know what it might feel like now when soldiers come back from war worn out with post traumatic stress disorder .exhausted
xxxx dementia ☹️
.i wonder what ive done in a previous life to deserve this feeling sorry for myself tonight

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
.i wonder what ive done in a previous life to deserve this feeling sorry for myself tonight

I`m sure this is not a punishment @deepetshopboy and there are times when you can do nothing other than feel sorry for yourself.

I have discussed previously whether carers can suffer PTSD and I think many do.

Is there any chance you can get more help than you are getting now? Is there any possibility of respite care?

The exhaustion you are experiencing could lead to carer breakdown. This is a battle which cannot be won. All you can do is ask for help.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
I also agree, it's not down to anything you've done @deepetshopboy it's unfortunately just the luck (or lack of it) of the draw. I do empathise with your comments about fighting a war though. With my own experiences, it tends to be that just as we've worked a way of how to deal with one behaviour/thing, another pops up.
We all have good and bad days, I'm presuming this was a bad day. Fingers crossed that you have some good days too. xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celiagibson