At the end of my tether...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
In conclusion to this thread:

My dad passed away peacefully tonight at 9pm. He was drinking coffee this afternoon. It was sudden so we didn’t get to say goodbye properly. I’m glad it was quick, I’m glad he doesn’t have to suffer anymore.

Feeling a bit shell shocked.

Rest in peace dad x

I`m sure you're shell shocked @Bunpoots but it was a good way for your dad to pass away. Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

Last edited:

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
So sorry to hear this. You knewe he was declining but not quite this fast.

As you say quick and no more suffering. You did everything you could. Hugs xx

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
In conclusion to this thread:

My dad passed away peacefully tonight at 9pm. He was drinking coffee this afternoon. It was sudden so we didn’t get to say goodbye properly. I’m glad it was quick, I’m glad he doesn’t have to suffer anymore.

Feeling a bit shell shocked.

Rest in peace dad x

So very sorry @Bunpoots It must be very hard for you. I am glad that your dad does not have to suffer anymore and that it was quick. It sounds like he went peacefully which is always a blessing.

Take a bit of time for yourself now and get rid of that cold. Wishing you well and lots of strength.

Juliematch

Jun 24, 2017
So sorry bunpoots.Such a shock when it happens quickly but your dad is no longer suffering.Try not to dwell on not saying a proper goodbye. I’m sure sometimes they wait until we are not there.My mother did this and I was upset that I wasn’t there but I remember her as I left her.Thinking if you.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh Bunpoots, I was shocked to read this, so goodness only knows how you felt
(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I do know it was a blessing for him to have gone so quickly. It’s what he always hoped would happen. He’d have liked it while he still had capacity but he got his way in the end.

I am reeling from the suddenness of it and so are my daughters. It feels surreal. I knew he wasn’t well on Wednesday when I saw him and kept away cos I’ve had another streaming cold which I didn’t want to pass round a load of old and vulnerable people, dad included. I didn’t expect that to be the last time I saw him alive. I was planning to take nail clippers in today to give him a manicure. He doesn’t need one now.

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
Oh gosh I am so very sorry to hear your sad news, I haven’t been on TP for yonks as I’ve had a lot going on here but I just popped on today and am shocked at hearing of your dad’s passing. Sending you my love and big hugs.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Thanks @Rolypoly . Surprised and pleased to hear from you. I’ve been wondering what’s been happening with you, and worrying, is your mum still living with you? And how are you coping?

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
Thanks @Rolypoly . Surprised and pleased to hear from you. I’ve been wondering what’s been happening with you, and worrying, is your mum still living with you? And how are you coping?

Missed our little chats. Yes mum is still here but it’s been one saga on top of another. Just about coping but unless things improve I fear a home is not too far away. On the plus side, she is now in pull ups...I sneaked those up on her out of necessity and she hasn’t seemed to notice. I did think of you when it happened! When I have 5 mins to myself I must update. Thanks for asking. Xx