1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

at peace but so sudden

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by mrsted, Jan 17, 2015.

1. mrsted

mrsted Registered User

Sep 18, 2012
    leicestershire
    Hi all have not posted for a while but fil passed away on Wednesday. Paramedics were called Sunday due to Parkinson like symptoms and from there he went down hill. I was called Wednesday as mil had tried to wake him but found him on the floor in his room awaiting coroner's report for cause of death. Thank you to all of you on this forum for your support and I will pop in too keep supporting you whenever I can xxx favour please though if anyone has had or said a eulogy with anyone with this disease could you please share as I want to say something at his funeral xxx thanks k xx

2. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    I am sorry to read your sad news, please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

My husbands Great Grandson did the eulogy, I would have had no idea where to start, hopefully someone will be able to help you on this.

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    A sudden shock but he is at peace now....my thoughts are with you all. Maureen.x.

4. mrsted

mrsted Registered User

Sep 18, 2012
    leicestershire
    #4 mrsted, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Thank you all was a blessing if I am honest dealt with identifying the body sorting thee funeral as mil feels the need to be in the pub family who did not want to know when he was diagnosed have suddenly become angels the usual my blessing is he knew me too the end xxx

5. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    I am so sorry, Please accept my condolences.

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm sorry to read your news. Sending my condolences.

7. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Sorry to read your news. My deepest condolences to you. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

8. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    I'm also sorry to read your sad news.

Please accept my sympathy

Love

Lyn T XX

9. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Please accept my sympathy too, and wishing you peace and strength in the days ahead.

10. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    I am so sorry for your loss, glad he knew you to the end xx

Ange

11. jimbo 111

jimbo 111 Registered User

Jan 23, 2009
    North Bucks
    A blessing beyond all measure

Sympathy and best wishes to you and your family
    jimbo

12. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Condolences to you and your family - do hope your MIL is coping, it must have been such a shock for her.

13. geum123

geum123 Registered User

May 20, 2009
    I am so very sorry mrsted, but lovely that he knew you until the end.
    Please accept my condolences.
    xxxx

14. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    So sorry to hear of your loss. xx

15. mrsted

mrsted Registered User

Sep 18, 2012
    leicestershire
    Thank you all, you have all been so comforting and supportive whilst fil had this awful condition. The coroner has informed me that it was a massive heart attack as well as furring of the arteries. As ever there are alot of family politics to deal with and the funeral is Wednesday, this have become so fraught with estranged family members I was at the point of not going to the funeral or the wake but have decided to for the sake of fil as I was the one who took him everywhere whilst he was with us.
    Think I have now sorted everything to the point I can and just hope that all the "do gooders" who were not there for him whilst he was alive stay away from me at the funeral as I don't think I will be able to contain my anger.
    Thank you all for your kind wishes and I will pop on and offer support where I can

Karen