At my ends wit, with land registry and person who has dementia and someone who has died

Jonesy22

Apr 2, 2024
A few years ago my dad had passed away, he was the sole person registered on land registry for the house. My mum is very bad with dementia and is in care, there is a deferred payment plan on the house for her care and I am getting hounded for it.

I have, for many many months been trying to get land registry changed to my mums name so the house can be sold. I and my brother have been awarded deputy ship by the courts. I’ve filled in the land registry forms many times and they get sent back.

The will of my dad was the house to be left into my mums name. My mum is not able to leave the care home due to her current state. It says panel 5 of AS1 is missing information and every person must fill in section A form ID1 or ID3. My mum isn’t in a state of coming out of the home and doesn’t have a passport.

Please may I have some guidance on what to do? Things are becoming stressful with the deferred payment plan and the questions being asked

Many many thanks

Jonesy22

Apr 2, 2024
Did mum administer the will or was it you as deputy?
It was myself as she was too unwell to do so. My father died many years ago and it was something I had overlooked in regards to the land registry. Foolish I know.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
So you are named as administrator and

2.12 Panel 12: execution

There are different requirements if the assent is being signed by an attorney or company, or at the direction of the transferor. Contact us for the form of wording in those circumstances.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-assent-as1/guidance-how-to-complete-form-as1 .

does not apply and you are responsible for the property transfer, I think it's your ID they want.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Another thought, if the house was held as joint tenants mother became sole owner outside of any will.
Probate is not involved, all you need is death certificate and a completed DJP

Jonesy22

Apr 2, 2024
Hello, so only dad was registered as the house owner and on the land registry, but in the will everything was left to my mum. The issue is trying to transfer the land registry to my mum to sell the house to pay for care. My mum is suffering with dementia that she doesn’t recognise anyone and it’s not possible to take her out of the care home as she gets violent. She has never had a passport. Unsure how to go through here.

Jobie

Nov 1, 2021
It will be ID, passport photo and an ID1 form that you will need for yourself and probably your brother as you mention he is deputy also (but depends who has signed the AS1 - if you have signed for Dad's estate, your brother may need to sign for your Mum). If you've looked at the ID1 information online you see that you will need to go to a local solicitors for them to verify your ID, they will charge a fee for this and you will need to say what it is for when making the appointment as only certain people in a firm will do it. Although it seems a simple thing to try to do it can sometimes be quite complex.