At Least I Can Still Laugh ! ?

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Hello everyone,

Well, todays my birthday ! and with apologies to Grannie G I've pinched her copyright to tell you how its gone so far ! (its one of the dates you try to pretend isn't happening - and how on earth can I be that old!! )

6.30 a.m. - climb out of bed to go to the loo - no lie in for me

7.00 a.m. - clear up cat poo - she's 18 and also has dementia

7.30 a.m. - catch husband bringing a lovely bouquet of pure white flowers out of the garage - he's managed to hide the black ribbon and sympathy card , but you can picture what the flowers look like!!

8.30 a.m. - wave goodbye to husband who's out for the whole day

9.00 a.m. - find a very long stick and an industrial strength pair of rubber gloves to start on the double incontinence washing which has been soaking in one of those bright plastic builders trugs on the patio overnight.

9.05 a.m. - find a dead frog in the washing !

9.10 a.m. - manage to spill the soaking water all over the patio as the trug is too heavy to lift

9.15 a.m. - finally get the washing on - and look longingly at a bottle of wine in the fridge - wondering if its too early to open it yet (but can't manage the corkscrew anyway with arthritic fingers ) - should I just break the neck off ?

9.20 a.m. - search for the large Dairy Milk bar which I know we've got somehwere but find the wrapper in the bin - hubby gets night starvation !

9.25 a.m. - ponder on the rest of the day - which really just involves visiting Mum and picking up more washing

AND THANK THE LORD THAT 99% OF PEOPLE READING THIS THREAD WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN AND WILL LAUGH WITH ME !!

Luv
germain

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Germain

Happy Birthday, and I hope it finishes a bit better than it started, and I also hope you find a nice strong person to open that bottle of wine for you.

Failing that, ring out for a nice takeaway, and ask the delivery person to do it for you.:D

Have a good day, ignore the washing for once.

Love

Cate

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Birthday Germain

Put the flowers in the vase, drink the wine, no matter what time it is, and low and behold, the flowers will regain their `bloom`. ;)

PS Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
germain said:
AND THANK THE LORD THAT 99% OF PEOPLE READING THIS THREAD WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN AND WILL LAUGH WITH ME !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I certainly know what you mean and did have a laugh. Also, I agree with Margarita.

thank- god it was not a mouse lol

Hope you enjoyed your day. Regards Taffy.

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Happy birthday Germain,

Lovely to read your early morning events.

Next thing will be the "flowers" dropping their stamens all over your white table cloth.................or something worse.

Have a nice day :D :D :D :D :D

Love to you

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
A day for no regrets

Germain, many happy returns to you . And I don't mean frogs! I do hope you have a happy day. Thank you for your diary; it made me laugh, even if it was bleak for you! I do hope you have lots of redeeming features in the rest of your birthday. Kind regards Deborah

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
AND THANK YOU FOR THE LAUGH

I am just wondering 'was the sympathy card and black ribbon meant for the frog?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have a good day and make sure the wine is opened somehow before the day is through.

Jan

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Happy Birthday Germain, yes , your post made ne laugh too, poor frog, did you give it a good send off?
Hope the rest of the day is nice for you, perhaps hubby will bring you out of date chocolate to go with the flowers.

Take Care
Janetruth x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Germain, happy birthday, and thanks for the laugh!

What I want to know is, did the frog survive its immersion in the incontinence laundry?:eek:

Love,

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Happy Birthday Germain ,

and thanks for giving us the opportunity to laugh with you.

PS its never too early for wine and choccies particularly on your birthday.
Have one for me!.
Cheers
Ally xx

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Germain

Ha ha.....your post really made me smile....thank you:)

i hope you find a little time to spoil yourself a bit today.

Happy Birthday
Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Happy birthday Germain.

Thank you for the laughter. Please save me a piece of cake - blow the diet!!

Love,

Attachments

• cake.gif
    cake.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 213