At last someone listening

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
Went with my OH to see his doctor two weeks ago for various thing and she chatted to him point by point from the letter I had sent in two days earlier. She was really excellent. At the end of the appointment she said to me if you ever want to see me just make an apointment. I made that appointment for yesterday as the " sundowning " is just getting me exhausted and I know I am very stressed and tetchy.(OH is very happy currently which makes the days easier.) On the verge of tears a lot of the time. Anyway I went to see her walked through the door she said how are you, I burst into tears. Once composed I talked to her about me and she came up with a plan. Two hours later Memory Service rang and came to see me yesterday. Next week the clinical pshycologist is coming to assess OH . SS have contacted me for a carers assessment. I feel such a weight lifted off my shoulders. I now think if I had asked for help before I got to this stage help would have been there. I cannot thank my doctor enough for listening and actioning.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
ABsolutely agree. We wait until we are cracking. I too was reduced to sobbing earlier this year to my acute embarrassment but it did result in action. I am a much calmer and happier person now because John is calmer and more manageable. The alternative is the rest of his life in a care home and possibly me with a stress induced stroke.

When you need help ask for it and keep on asking until you get it.