At last, shes at peace!!!

Rchl89

Feb 6, 2013
cumbria
Its been a long while since i posted her but i felt like i should!
My grandma passed away on satyrday morning after a very difficult and un settled couple of weeks!
she was finally made calm on friday after my mum stood her ground and insisted medication to sedate her, she was peaceful in her last 24 hours this been somewhat of a huge relief!!
I think we all take comfort in the knowledge she is no longer suffering after an 11 year battle with dementia.
It is still a very sad time for us all!
thank you for your support over the years!
this probably wont be the last time I will post due to my other grandma been diagnosed with Alzheimers about a month or do ago!
xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well done to your mum for enabling your grandmother to have a peaceful passing. And condolences to you and your family on your loss.

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
Sending my condolences to you all, it must have taken all your mum's strength in those last difficult days to get what she wanted for your grandma, and she will need all the support and love and understanding you can give her now - it's so hard to lose your mum. Big hugs to you all and strength for the coming days. xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
So sorry for your loss Rchl89
Your grandmother must have been quite some woman to have produced such a wonderful daughter and caring grandchild - I hope it remains a comfort to you that her end was peaceful

I'm glad you'll come back and post again, but sad to read of your other grandmother's diagnosis - turbulent times for your family

Very best wishes

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sending my condolences. I'm glad your grandma had a peaceful passing. I'm sorry to hear about your new connection with dementia.