At last Mum is where she needs to be.

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
Thank you to all who gave such good advice on my previous thread I was getting desperate. After the third visit to A&E in a week Mum has been admitted to the local Elderly Mental Health Hospital via A&E. From her fall on friday she has fractured her wrist which was missed it is all such a mess but at least she is where she needs to be hopefully we will get the support that is needed. It is all just so sad there are no happy endings just a lot of heartache.

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Yes, it's strange how it is role reversal in the end isn't it? Good luck Goldie Girl, at least your mum is safe and that's what matters :)

hilaryd

May 28, 2017
All the best @Goldie Girl - it is really hard and strange to become 'your parent's parent' - I always thought that because I had no children of my own I'd missed out on parenting, but fate changed all that! As you say, your turn to worry - but in some ways and at some times it feels good to be able to give something back. It's definitely good to know your mum is in a safe place getting the care she needs - hope you can relax and look after yourself for a little while.

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
All the best @Goldie Girl - it is really hard and strange to become 'your parent's parent' - I always thought that because I had no children of my own I'd missed out on parenting, but fate changed all that! As you say, your turn to worry - but in some ways and at some times it feels good to be able to give something back. It's definitely good to know your mum is in a safe place getting the care she needs - hope you can relax and look after yourself for a little while.[/QUO

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
Mum seems to have settled there so well and although is wandering the agitation is less. We have a meeting with a social worker this weekend so we'll see where we go from here. Trying to relax but picked up a virus so feeling rough hey ho we soldier on!

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
Mum is very settled at the Hospital I said to my Daughter I'd love to find a Care Home as nice as the Hospital. Though she thinks she is at the local football ground!! And her false teeth are missing the joys of Dementia!!

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
Here again Mum is still in the Hospital being a nightmare won't wash won't cooperate looks down on the staff there.funily enough can't find a home to take her yet with her aggression, escaping, violence wandering they aren't too keen. Social worker is being superb even though Mum is being obnoxious to her. We had a. very strained relationship as stated before and at the moment I feel like walking away even though I know I Won't.

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
That is good @Goldie Girl. Allow the Social Worker to do what is necessary and free yourself from some of the responsibility.
Thank you the previous social worker wasn't very good so I'm building trust with this one who. Seems so much better. She is very supportive but two more homes turned Mum down today each refusal feels like we are running out of options there aren't that many EMI homes. I will try to step back a bit it's all happened so quickly we are reeling.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you the previous social worker wasn't very good so I'm building trust with this one who. Seems so much better. She is very supportive but two more homes turned Mum down today each refusal feels like we are running out of options there aren't that many EMI homes. I will try to step back a bit it's all happened so quickly we are reeling.
There will be a home that will take her. My husband's home takes a certain number of people like this and contains them lovingly and well. They do exist. It will happen. Yes, step back a little bit if you can. with love, Kindred.xx

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
There will be a home that will take her. My husband's home takes a certain number of people like this and contains them lovingly and well. They do exist. It will happen. Yes, step back a little bit if you can. with love, Kindred.xx
Thank you Kindred nice to 'meet' your posts always mean a lot to me. I hope I will find a home like your Husbands for my Mum.Keep on doing what you are doing your Husband is very lucky to have you and you are very lucky to have him. At the end of the day it is Love that matters

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
I hadn't messaged for a while visiting is difficult because of the delusions and agitation. However just needed to write and say my wonderful Social worker after 13 homes refused my Mum because she is an escape artist found us this home and they are amazing. They have had to go into lock down because she tries to go out. They quickly learnt who we were and greet us with a smile and they always know where she is. Yes at times stuff disappears but invariably it comes back quite quickly. Mum has klepto tendencies and they just quietly receive the'loot' and it finds its way home. After three months off Mum needing her toe nails sorting they sorted a chiropodist within the first week. After all the distress Mum is safe not happy but I will take safe plus she said the food is very good here!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC