At dad’s today

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Arrived at dad’s this morning. Dripping wet as it was raining. Dad did not realise it was raining even though I was rubbing my hair with a towel. He asked “Is it raining?”.
I assisted him into the dining room using his gutter frame and then into his wheelchair. He couldn’t eat all of his lunch today. He is also very quiet. He has been yawning a lot of the time since I arrived. I have now sat him in the conservatory so he can listen to the radio and maybe have a kip. I have asked him does he feel ok. He says he feels tired but slept ok(I doubt it as he does not sleep a lot at night). I have suggested maybe to have some shut eye. There is not much conversation today. I can feel everything is an effort today,including his walking.. I have noticed in his care plan that he is declining to walk sometimes.
He has a chest X-ray in the hospital on Thursday as doctor has requested it(I mentioned to doc that he is coughing more. Dad has heart failure as well as kidney disease amongst other things) so maybe he is worried about that.At least he is drinking his ensures.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad wanted to go to bed early. He has been tired all day. He still has the catheter discharge and they have now changed it to every 10 weeks instead of 12.. The girls (some of them ) have written in his care plan that he has a discharge. Some of the discharge contains blood on the pad. So looking forward to the kidney ultrasound!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear sorry your dad hasn't seemed too good today, it's not nice to see them struggling and not looking great x Hope all goes well at his x-ray on thursday. I hope he feels better than he has today soon x

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad’s health is worse than his dementia. As I was getting him into his hospital bed yesterday he said “I should be in a home “.
I replied “ Yes you should be. You were asked but declined . They are not taking people now because they have had Covid “..
He accepted that. He should be in a home really as he has declining kidneys etc. But we will wait and see..

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
aww ? I wonder if he'd agree if he could go in one now, or if he'd decline again. Mum said a few times a few months ago when she was feeling down about her memory and things she would be better off in a home, but whenever asked about it she always says no and often says Your not putting me in a home. Maybe your dad might agree to go now for nursing care.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
aww ? I wonder if he'd agree if he could go in one now, or if he'd decline again. Mum said a few times a few months ago when she was feeling down about her memory and things she would be better off in a home, but whenever asked about it she always says no and often says Your not putting me in a home. Maybe your dad might agree to go now for nursing care.
At the moment we are coping. But tbh not sure for how much longer. He is no trouble in the sense of he cannot escape but it is his health more than anything I worry about.