At a low

christinewright

Nov 20, 2012
Well today I think I am having a low day. My mother in law lives with us but visits her daughter for prolonged visits, I also have a disabled son.

With the 6 weeks holiday I have them both at home 24:7, which is very challenging been alone with them both, is taking its toll and its only 10 days into the school holidays.

Have been threaten, called and complained at for the duration and finding today very very hard.

Hopefully tomorrow is another day, well if I get through another disturbed nights sleep

Night all

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
I am not at all surprised that you are feeling very low. You need to get a carer's assessment if you have not already had one - or i could suggest that you keep dropping in to TP all day to keep yourself going.
I would definitely get in touch with social services and say you need some help.

jannyg

May 11, 2013
Well today I think I am having a low day. My mother in law lives with us but visits her daughter for prolonged visits, I also have a disabled son.

With the 6 weeks holiday I have them both at home 24:7, which is very challenging been alone with them both, is taking its toll and its only 10 days into the school holidays.

Have been threaten, called and complained at for the duration and finding today very very hard.

Hopefully tomorrow is another day, well if I get through another disturbed nights sleep

Night all

Hi Christine

I do feel for you. You really need to contact social services to get some day care or other help. Are you registered as a carer with social services? This will open up some avenues of possible support. If nothing else they should be able to tell you of any local support groups where you will be able to take MiL and son.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL