AstraZeneca Revises Jab Data

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Despite the side-effect that I suffered I am really pleased to have had this vaccine.

MaNaAk

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Both my husband and I had the AZ jab. He had side effects and I had absolutely nothing. But I've only ever reacted to medications twice in my life so I wasn't expecting to have any side effects. My husband was rather miffed. :D

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
My eldest daughter, a healthcare worker, had 1st dose AZ vaccine. She’s only 25 but I am assuming she will still be given the 2nd dose.
I also had AZ and we both had chills and headache for a few hours after.
OH and youngest (also healthcare worker) age 21 both had Pfizer and neother had any side effects.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i had the astra zeneca one 2 weeks ago and have been ill ever since. my D-i-L was ill for 3-4 days with it and my son was ill. my husband on the other hand had a sore arm. my daughter[26] a pharmacy dispenser had pfizer and a part from sore arm had no side effects at all. she is due the second dose. im not sure i want a second dose. i might call it quits at 1

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Just heard on the news that the symptoms of the brain blood clot side effect are severe headaches and blurred vision after 4 days. I was ill for about 10 days after first jab but not with those symptoms so will have second one but will be nervous about being ill again!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i had headaches and being dizzy as did my D-i-L and apparently the nurse said thats good as the body has picked it up and fighting it. had a temperature as well and led to UTI and antibios. still feeling very unwell now. had negative covid test last week but she wants me to repeat it this week. got to think before of have any more. my husband has his second one in 2 weeks.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West

AstraZeneca Vaccination​

if your ALLERGIC to PENICILLIN not great experience o_O:eek:

Attachments

• Covid injection .pdf
    793.9 KB · Views: 371

Jacques

Apr 4, 2020
i had the astra zeneca one 2 weeks ago and have been ill ever since. my D-i-L was ill for 3-4 days with it and my son was ill. my husband on the other hand had a sore arm. my daughter[26] a pharmacy dispenser had pfizer and a part from sore arm had no side effects at all. she is due the second dose. im not sure i want a second dose. i might call it quits at 1
Why don't you have a word with your gp and ask what he/she suggests before deciding not to have the 2nd dose. Does your gp know that you have been ill since the 1st dose?

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
My symptoms were similar to yours Jennifer but without UTI. I had zero energy. It felt like flu. 32 year old daughter had severe headache and fever for couple of days and is really worried about all this news and what to do abiut having another.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I had my second pfizer vaccine and endured a headcahe for three days, but I am alive and my arm has not dropped off -yet!

On the AZ vaccine there are some serious misconceptions. My mum's first vaccine was pfizer and she was wrongly given the AZ vaccine as her second dose. I want to clarify some significnat points around this issue, because the main media mania has been about clots, and essentially cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT). There have now been 18 cases of cerebral sinus venous thrombosis (CVT) reported to the European Medicines Agency among the 20 million recipients of the vaccine (or roughly five cases per annum per million), so the chances mum developing CVT are rare, not forgetting this finding is inline with the normal incidence of CVT.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton

AstraZeneca Vaccination​

if your ALLERGIC to PENICILLIN not great experience o_O:eek:

they didnt tell me that. im allergic to penicillin and they knew that because they asked me about any allergies before they gave me it. im also allergic to erythromycin which is type of penicillin as well so im a doctors dream when i have to have anything

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Why don't you have a word with your gp and ask what he/she suggests before deciding not to have the 2nd dose. Does your gp know that you have been ill since the 1st dose?
my gp knows as i phoned last week and have anti-bios and a covid test and i also phoned yesterday as im still not well. given them another sample and have to have another covid test. they have both put the date and what the jab was down. really put me off of having a second one and what @Countryboy has said about penicillin.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin in 1981 and declared penicillin allergy at my first pfizer jab.
A doctor was summoned who asked for details and if I was hospitalised at the time - I wasn't - and also if I had had any further allergic reactions to anything - I haven't.
Answer was to go ahead with injection.
I had no problems with the jab or the second one a fortnight ago.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
if i dont have my second vaccine, does that mean i might not be able to go in some places which would require proof i have had the vaccine. if so its a bit unfair unless there are exemptions

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
my gp knows as i phoned last week and have anti-bios and a covid test and i also phoned yesterday as im still not well. given them another sample and have to have another covid test. they have both put the date and what the jab was down. really put me off of having a second one and what @Countryboy has said about penicillin.
Hi Jennifer 1967 not everyone gets a reaction. :confused:

I’m sorry the photo has worried you a little it was meant to maybe I should have give a bit more information prior to the covid vaccination I contacted my GP he was sure and said he would check a few days later he asked me if I carried an EpiPen when I said No he said it was ok to have the vaccination but needed to inform them and stay at the clinic for a longer period I stayed for 15 minuets and was fine the rash started about 4 days later it was like I was on fire it burning and itchy I did nothing for 4 days eventually the wife got some Piriton Allergy Tablets from Asda and overnight it just vanished and I’m fine so when I have my next jab on 9thMay I have the tablets ready just in case it happens again

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi Jennifer 1967 not everyone gets a reaction. :confused:

I’m sorry the photo has worried you a little it was meant to maybe I should have give a bit more information prior to the covid vaccination I contacted my GP he was sure and said he would check a few days later he asked me if I carried an EpiPen when I said No he said it was ok to have the vaccination but needed to inform them and stay at the clinic for a longer period I stayed for 15 minuets and was fine the rash started about 4 days later it was like I was on fire it burning and itchy I did nothing for 4 days eventually the wife got some Piriton Allergy Tablets from Asda and overnight it just vanished and I’m fine so when I have my next jab on 9thMay I have the tablets ready just in case it happens again
you have not worried me too much @Countryboy. my oldest son had that rash when he was a boy and allergic to erythromycin. they gave him anti-histamine. its just ive been so unwelol that im wondering whether its worth going through that again bearing in mind im housebound and other than family and neighbours i dont actually mix with anyone. the one jab protects me to a degree and maybe the new one would be better. its all up for discussion. my biggest priority was giving the maximum protection to my husband who has the second in 2 weeks

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I'm allergic to penicillin was asked about it when I had my AZ jab and they said it wouldn't be a problem. I had no reaction at all, no aching arm, no headaches, no aches and pains.
OH has his second AZ on Sunday but is on ABs at the minute so I asked the doctor if it would affect his jab and he said no.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
It is being discussed at length (ad infinitum!) on the Beeb news channel. One 'expert' said there was more chance of dying from a plane crashing on your house! Lots of people get very minor reactions but really, the chances of getting that rare blood clot are...erm....very rare. On the other hand, there are many, many reports of people getting covid then suffering problems with blood clots - I think it can make blood 'sticky'. (@Palerider will know more about this!)

I did get a sore arm for a couple of days, but only when I lifted it above shoulder height, e.g. when blow-drying my hair. So a couple of bad hair days for me :)
However, I think that was due to the injury of having a needle stuck in my arm rather than the contents of the vaccine.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im not particularly worried about clots as such a small amount which could have happened anyway and told allergy and they were fine, its just i am quite ill with it and still am but that could have happened anyway. my arm is still sore and aches 15 days later. thats why i have reluctance especially as they say the second one is worse than the first. thats whats driving me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher