AstraZeneca Revises Jab Data

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Hi @jennifer1967 for what it's worth I do think you are right to be cautious given the length of time you have suffered side effects. Did you report your reaction on the yellow card reporting system?
As a side issue, in preparation for hairdressers reopening next week, my hairdresser has been told they should 'patch' test anyone who is having a colour who has had a covid jab, regardless of whether it is their usual treatment. I know this should happen for new colours but it makes me think there is more to this....could the vaccine increase some peoples sensitivity? Just food for thought. Hope you can find some answers.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
Interestingly, I just googled this and apparently hair colour manufacturers have warned about the immune system ring overactive after a COVID jab or infection.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
@Moggymad that’s very interesting.
Who told your hairdresser about the patch test?
PHE? Local authority?
social media?
Was told it was the National Hairdressers Association. My sister also colours her own hair & did it recently but didn't have any issues. I guess it's a directive of caution just in case

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 for what it's worth I do think you are right to be cautious given the length of time you have suffered side effects. Did you report your reaction on the yellow card reporting system?
As a side issue, in preparation for hairdressers reopening next week, my hairdresser has been told they should 'patch' test anyone who is having a colour who has had a covid jab, regardless of whether it is their usual treatment. I know this should happen for new colours but it makes me think there is more to this....could the vaccine increase some peoples sensitivity? Just food for thought. Hope you can find some answers.
thankyou @Moggymad i had a UTI a week after and had anti-bios but still feel ill so dont how much is jab and how much infection but still feel rough. i havent filled it in but my gp knows as ive had to contact them as im feeling ill. im tired all the time and all i want is to sleep so having a few tests to see if its anything else buts its weird i dont get ill very often and its exactly 2 wks and still ill

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Hello jennifer1967. What a shame you are now worried about your second jab - from what my doctor friend tells me (yes I know I sound like someone commenting on the Daily Mail lol) any side effects with AZ are usually noticed on the first vaccination not the second. I am also allergic to penicillin and any substitutes and was asked at the centre - as my reactions were generally not too severe (rash etc) they went ahead. Apart from feeling lethargic for a couple of days no other reaction. Hopefully, you will begin to feel better soon and of course, it may just be bad luck and nothing to do with the vaccine.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hello jennifer1967. What a shame you are now worried about your second jab - from what my doctor friend tells me (yes I know I sound like someone commenting on the Daily Mail lol) any side effects with AZ are usually noticed on the first vaccination not the second. I am also allergic to penicillin and any substitutes and was asked at the centre - as my reactions were generally not too severe (rash etc) they went ahead. Apart from feeling lethargic for a couple of days no other reaction. Hopefully, you will begin to feel better soon and of course, it may just be bad luck and nothing to do with the vaccine.
thanks @Snuffette probably unlucky. will talk to doctor before i have the next one. my D-i-L was ill with headaches etc for about 3-4 days. my son was hit a bit hard too when he had his. it wont last forever and its not half as bad as going through covid, hospitalization and clots that some have so should thank my lucky stars i got off so lightly. every cloud.........

Ton3

Dec 2, 2019

AstraZeneca Vaccination​

if your ALLERGIC to PENICILLIN not great experience o_O:eek:

sorry to hear that and picture looks awful, luckily my Dad who is 91 and allergic to penicillin has had no such reaction and he had the AZ one..... Hope you are better soon?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
It is being discussed at length (ad infinitum!) on the Beeb news channel. One 'expert' said there was more chance of dying from a plane crashing on your house! Lots of people get very minor reactions but really, the chances of getting that rare blood clot are...erm....very rare. On the other hand, there are many, many reports of people getting covid then suffering problems with blood clots - I think it can make blood 'sticky'. (@Palerider will know more about this!)

I did get a sore arm for a couple of days, but only when I lifted it above shoulder height, e.g. when blow-drying my hair. So a couple of bad hair days for me :)
However, I think that was due to the injury of having a needle stuck in my arm rather than the contents of the vaccine.
Its true, if you have Covid then you are more likely to develop a clot, this is not anything to do with the vaccine. but the nature of the infection itself. A paper that describes the current hypothesis on Covid positive people who develop clots is linked below, its not an easy read but it explains the phenomena: