Assisted holidays

Gupi

Jan 6, 2015
Dear Members,

What has been your experience of high quality Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia care facilities based in tropical climes where those with Alzheimer's and possibly their carers are able to have a holiday without compromising on their care needs?

Mannie

Mar 13, 2014
Bracknell area
Dear Members,

What has been your experience of high quality Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia care facilities based in tropical climes where those with Alzheimer's and possibly their carers are able to have a holiday without compromising on their care needs?

I have not seen anything for a holiday so far away. Rather than find something there you could pay for a carer to accompany you instead and rent a house.

Possibly America but unsure how travel insurance would work and this would be critical.

I have been taking my parents to a rental cottage in Norfolk..hardly tropical but very nice...

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
I live in a tropical place (Brazil ) all I can say about travelling is get careers to travel with you and make a BIG insurance. Someone that know the patient language and that is dementia trained.

Although some people may say that hiring on vacation place may be cheaper (or not) I wouldn't advise that because it is hard (and takes time and luck) to find someone with dementia training and that speak the patient language.

Every time I traveled with my mom I got relatives to help. Big group. So every time one can help other.

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Im taking my husband to Malta for a week in June my youngest son is coming with us to help if needed. Hubby has early Alzheimers so i have got good cover with Anchor insurance had no problems and its not that expensive. We have been going to Malta for the past two years and really had a nice time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet