Assessment

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Hi im quite new to all this and wondered if anyone can help? Mum has alzheimers, she was diagnosed in 2008 but i feel she was struggling before that. It wasnt until last july when mum fell and broke her hip (she was in hospital 5 weeks) that social services got involved! An assessment was done and various costs put in place for mum to go to daycare and respite etc. The yearly assessment was due in august but is being done next week. My question is... Are things likely to change in respect of finances, will they take monies back? How does it work? Our circumstances havent changed so will the help mum gets stay the same? I work part time, my husband full time and i also look after my grand daughter every afternoon so help with mum is very important to us. Thanks for reading this rather long post

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Only yours mums assets and what in in her bank account is taken into account when assessed yours and your husbands money have nothing to do with it. Anything in joint name is halved.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
The help should stay the same and if her financial circumstances are the same then it will be carry on as before.

Is it a financial assessment or a needs assessment? If it is a needs assessment more help may be offered or if something is not working then an alternative may be advised. If changes occur then the financial assessment may be needed. Please don't worry about it.

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
The help should stay the same and if her financial circumstances are the same then it will be carry on as before.

Is it a financial assessment or a needs assessment? If it is a needs assessment more help may be offered or if something is not working then an alternative may be advised. If changes occur then the financial assessment may be needed. Please don't worry about it.

Thank u jaymor, thats a great help to know x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa