assessment

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
When a memory clinic refers a person with Alzheimers to social services for assessment, or when you ask for a carer assessment, how long would you expect to wait before hearing anything?

Liz57

Dec 22, 2013
I've been waiting since October for a carers assessment. I suspect it depends on where you live.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I think it depends a lot on where you live......but also on the urgency of the situation. If the person being looked after is vulnerable or at risk, you should make that clear, in writing if possible, as cases are often allocated in order of priority.

Same goes to some extent for Carers assessments.....though you can often complete these online.....again, depending on where you live

All the best. Make a fuss if it's urgent!

Lindy xx

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
Thanks for replies. I will make a fuss regarding carer assessment. My partner and I have our own mental health problems to deal with,besides my mums alzheimers,and anti social neighbours.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
As everywhere, the more noise you make the better you get heard. The first, inconclusive assessment didn't take too long to get done but didn't help at all. So for the second I threw a total wobbler, called it an emergency, said the right words (vulnerable adult at risk) and even got the GP involved who called them as well and what do you know, I had a social worker on my doorstep the very next day. I told him exactly what I wanted, he made some discouraging hm hm noises then approved it all.

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
I went to see on duty psychiatrist today regarding my stress and anxiety,a lot of it caused by the anti social neighbours. Psychiatrist rang housing,they told her that they would ring me. Got no call. Im at my wits end.

Peegee

Jan 22, 2015
When a memory clinic refers a person with Alzheimers to social services for assessment, or when you ask for a carer assessment, how long would you expect to wait before hearing anything?

I've had two assessments for my mum, in two different councils. Neither took too long to get done but what did take the time was then getting the proposed care plan signed off. I had to make formal complaint in first instance to head of social services and within 24 hrs care plan signed off and auctioned!! From assessment to plan in action took 3 months. 2nd council slightly quicker but I phoned at least once a week chasing all the time. Very stressful and not what you need when you have enough on your plate with a parent with dementia. Sadly you have to keep badgering.