Assessment? What is a Assessed

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Following the visit of my brother in law and other assorted relatives during my recent hospital respite they have come up with some French social security organisations which can help me with reduced taxes, council tax and importantly part pay for some 'carers'.

I have had to assemble a wad of information - the French love paperwork - and a 'certificate' from the doctor in which he states that Monique needs 100% attention and is totally unable to 'live' without someone present 24/7...

The next stage is a 'home assessment' - because she was so pressurised the nice lady dealing with me and my huge file of papers, could only tell me that this home assessment, by a doctor and a nurse, but this may be code for social workers, would decide what help I actually need....

Now of course the French Assessment is going to be a bit different from the UK one but so far the similarities in the two systems are striking. So the question is:-

What goes on in a UK ss assessment? What do they assess?

Grateful for any help - I hate not to know what is going on...

Michael

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Nada thanks - looks very similar.. The people I am in touch with are from La Rochelle Town which is the main town of Charente Maritime. I suppose I have to tell them I am all ready paying carers 2 afternoons a week..
Michael

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
They may asses your income like in UK & you may not need to pay for the carer , cross fingers now would ant that be lovely & I wonder if they have Day center ,But would monique go ? as that give to some time for you with out the worry of haveing to get someone to be with Monique in the house while you go out .

PS or they may pay for more carers to come around to give you time out , if Monique does not like day center

Last edited:

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Thanks for that link Nada....I duly printed it off....went to make mum a cuppa and I can now see it scrunched up poking out of her jacket pocket....I'll retrieve it later....when I search for the 3 cups and two plates that have disappeared!
hey Ho:)