Ashes

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
My lovely dad died on May 5th, he was 69. We have decided to scatter his ashes on June 21st which is Fathers Day and also Summer Solstice (dad was interested in all things ancient and alternative). I wonder if anybody has any ideas for how we should go about this - do you say any words or prayers? We are scattering them in a public wooded area so others may be around. It seems such an important thing to do but no idea of what to say..... Love to hear other people's thoughts... ImageUploadedByTalking Point1434530053.702636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We scattered my husband`s ashes, some in the sea locally and some in the Ganges. We didn`t say anything. I just felt it a fitting farewell which would have pleased him.

Do what feels good to you.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
When my younger sister died, we chose to scatter her ashes in the dunes beside a family favourite links golf course. It was a rainy spring day but the clouds parted while we were there and the sun shone and the skylarks soared. When it came time to say goodbye I had to ask my older sister to do the deed, I could not. She opened the jar and scattered G to the elements, we said for her to go ahead, to take our love to Dad and watched the dust fly away. That was 19 years ago and I still miss her just as much as ever.

It poured with rain all the way home.

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
Thanks for the helpful posts. I think I will just say the Irish Blessing and think happy thoughts. I miss him so dreadfully and all I hear about at the moment is Father's Day...and it breaks my heart - but there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14