ashamed

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
Hi Paula

I too have only just seent he thread ((((hugs))) I am so glad to see you are feeling better, it's so hard when we have to deal witht his disease. My mum has always been so easy to get along with, but now I find there are times when it's like we have swapped her for a "stubborn stunt double" I have to use humour in this becasue otherwise its too sad xxx

My sister and I joke about wether we have had mum or her lookalike out for a meal. And we tread on tenterhooks so very hard.

But the love and the bond is there, and the new start is such a good way of looking ahead, your mum is lucky to have you as her daughter xxxxxxxxxxx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi Paula
none of us are saints (well may be me:D:D) we have all lost it at some point i know i have as many have said the good thing is its usually forgotten quickly that guilt monster is a pain give him the boot hope you have a good day today love larivy

linoldgirl

Dec 4, 2006
manchester
better and worse

hi,
just wanted to say my dad and me went through a very difficult stage with mum who has ad where she would shout at us and call us frequently telling us to go and never come back.
whilst it is sad that she has got progressively worse we are now experiencing a very loving stage where mum will suddenly look at me with surprise and joy and tell me she loves me ( even though sometimes I am not convinced she knows who i am )
and she often sits next to dad cuddled up child like but companionably so
these moments are a bright star in a dark night
linoldgirl

beaglefan

Apr 7, 2010
Just to let you all know, today has been so much better, been out with mum, bought cakes and had them with her and dad!
The only good thing to come out of yesterdays situation is that I have learned more about coping with this disease,(even though I made a mess of it yesterday)I will try my best to not let this happen again. Its a steep learning curve and I know it will get steeper, Thank you all again

Love
Paula xx

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
So good to hear you have had a good day, be gentle on yourself, non of us are saints, and you did the right thing. You left the situation came and talked to us, you really did all you could xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolly53