As good as it gets!

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Feeling a bit sorry for myself. 1st child off to uni, last year. 2nd child going off Sat, 1st year. Real Dad!! Well at moment, he suffers from cancer but very independent. Step dad suffers from Lewy Bodies, he is well at moment. Introduced me to staff, as though they have never met me. Had a really good conversation, though he thinks I am not married yet, made me chuckle when he said I could have my pick of any of my boyfriends. Have not told hubby! Been happily married 22 years. But poor little mother in law 86 years old she has suffered a very large heart attack they told us she would not survive, 4 days later she is still here. We found her on the floor and she did complain about her ankle, but in resus, where they were fighting for her life it seemed secondary. Well today bruises and swelling came out. The ankle is broken it needs to be operated on but they cannot do this as she is still very unstable. She does not suffer from dementia. My husband and I feel awful. We did not mention it to A&E consultants as they were too busy trying to save her life. I suppose you think kids off to Uni maybe you can have some me time. You never really give care of elderly relatives a thought until it really bites you. I would never stop caring for them and think a lot of people have it so much worse. I just feel bad for feeling bad if you know what I mean. Well just wanted to get this off my chest. I am sure you all understand as many of you deal with much worst. But it just helps to talk sometimes. Back to work tom hopefully with no phone calls.

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Feeling a bit sorry for myself. 1st child off to uni, last year. 2nd child going off Sat, 1st year. Real Dad!! Well at moment, he suffers from cancer but very independent. Step dad suffers from Lewy Bodies, he is well at moment. Introduced me to staff, as though they have never met me. Had a really good conversation, though he thinks I am not married yet, made me chuckle when he said I could have my pick of any of my boyfriends. Have not told hubby! Been happily married 22 years. But poor little mother in law 86 years old she has suffered a very large heart attack they told us she would not survive, 4 days later she is still here. We found her on the floor and she did complain about her ankle, but in resus, where they were fighting for her life it seemed secondary. Well today bruises and swelling came out. The ankle is broken it needs to be operated on but they cannot do this as she is still very unstable. She does not suffer from dementia. My husband and I feel awful. We did not mention it to A&E consultants as they were too busy trying to save her life. I suppose you think kids off to Uni maybe you can have some me time. You never really give care of elderly relatives a thought until it really bites you. I would never stop caring for them and think a lot of people have it so much worse. I just feel bad for feeling bad if you know what I mean. Well just wanted to get this off my chest. I am sure you all understand as many of you deal with much worst. But it just helps to talk sometimes. Back to work tom hopefully with no phone calls.

Oooh we could almost be twins on opposite sides of the world.:)

DS off to Uni next year.
DD starting College next year.
Happily married for 23 yrs, DH diagnosed with a brain tumour 11 yrs ago, but in remission. DH is a stay at home Dad due to his health I work 3 days.
Mum 74 with moderate Alzheimer & Dad 78 with cognitive impairment live in their own house behind ours. Mum has taken a nose dive recently and for the first time ever I had to leave work early the other week due to a crisis. Thankfully I have understanding employers and work only 15 mns from home.

Feeling sorry for myself I can identify with. The world is moving on around us and I feel stuck in limbo. I'm not entirely sure when my "me" time will come :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. Sounds quite nasty :(

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Hi Linbrusco, thanks for your comments. It is amazing on here you do a post and somebody can always relate/help. I think you feel much better if you share things. Mum in Law still poorly but peaceful. Dad and Stepdad doing well today. Feeling much better today. My pupils at work said I was the best teacher ever, even if I was strange because I like Maths, that made me chuckle. Not doing too badly really and hope you are also having a good day. X

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
Oh that sounds like a lot to deal with! I "only" have my dad, plus a husband, 3 children 21/13/10 years and a full time job. I find that hard work never mind anything extra.
Keep smiling, my youngest would think you're a cool teacher, he is maths crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Hi Linbrusco, thanks for your comments. It is amazing on here you do a post and somebody can always relate/help. I think you feel much better if you share things. Mum in Law still poorly but peaceful. Dad and Stepdad doing well today. Feeling much better today. My pupils at work said I was the best teacher ever, even if I was strange because I like Maths, that made me chuckle. Not doing too badly really and hope you are also having a good day. X

My DD 13 loves maths. She is at a level 3-4 years ahead of her peers :)
My Mum is a bit poorly with a virus and on anti b's as a precaution so it doesn't turn into a chest infection
Dad is not coping at all, so I have taken a day off work to look after her.